Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me freedom fries or give me...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Do you want Sheiks with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭SeanW

:D ROFL :D

:D And I thought Freedom Fries was stupid. This takes the danish pastry ... LMAO

Is this the best they can do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Surely they have to be called Roses of the prohpet mohammed peace be upon him? :D I can see somebody getting killed asking for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fair play. I'd say the guy who came up with that is one enterprising chappy. His tongue is so far in his cheek, he'd have difficulty eating his produce. He'll make a fortune too, if only from irate right wing reporters buying them for pieces to camera. If only Mary Macaleese had thought of that. Brennans bakery would have made a fortune. BTW, DublinWriter... Just :D Class

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Davei141 wrote:
    Surely they have to be called Roses of the prohpet mohammed peace be upon him? :D I can see somebody getting killed asking for them.

A coffee and a Rose of The Prophet Mohammed Peace Be Upon Him please.

Bit of a mouthful.

I suppose the fact that a Great Dane is a dog breed means there won't be a need for a rename in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭SeanW

Great Mullah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

I heard sales of Danish Bacon have plummeted in Iran...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Freelancer wrote:
    I heard sales of Danish Bacon have plummeted in Iran...........

...not to mention Carlsberg and Tuborg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

fly_agaric wrote:
    I suppose the fact that a Great Dane is a dog breed means there won't be a need for a rename in that case.
    History differs.
    Ever heard of a German shepard?
    Guess when the name 'Alsation' came into use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Iran becoming politically-correct à la US in an odd twist of fate? How ironic! :D

Incidentally, I don't think much Danish bacon was ever sold in Iran, tbh ;) - might be an idea for Denmark to try and export some there now, to add insult to injury (or make a point?!) :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement