Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Centre armrest for Fiat Bravo

Options
  • 15-02-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know where i could get an armrest for a Bravo? that fits in between the front seats just behind the handbrake.

have seen one or two on ebay but they are German sellers and cant communicate with them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can use a centre console from a Fiat Marea, this part will fit without a problem. the adjustment switch for the electric mirrors will fit no problem. As far as i know most Bravos will not come with a centre console, and the Marea console is the most trouble free way to getting one. The fabric on the armrest may not match your seats though, but this can be easily sorted

The Marea console also comes with a handy map pocket which is to the left of the gearknob, I did one in mine, and it was an easy, but really worthwihle mod.

If you need any more info on this, PM me, as I have done this, as well as other mods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

hey OP if you get one of these will you let me know as I wouldnt mind getting one myself

It's only about 10 mins of a job, really makes a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's only about 10 mins of a job, really makes a difference!
    any idea where i can pick one of these up (on the cheap)?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

pm sent colm.

cheers

• Advertisement

for anyone who need to know, here's how to do it:

Firstly, the parts you'll need are:
    Marea Gearknob,
    Marea Gearknob gaitor (the leather part)
    Marea Handbrake gaitor (again, the leather thing with the zip)
    Centre Console and armrest (big bulky thing that surrounds Gear lever, handbrake and has electric mirror switch)
    Two kick panels that join console onto the dashboard

The first thing to do is to strip the existing centre console from the Bravo. to do this, the Gearknob end need to be removed. the only way to do this is to pull it sharply upwards. remove the gaitor, and also remove the handbrake gaitor.

Next, remove the two kick panels joining the console to the dashboard, these just clip off. the kick panels for the Marea are a different shape, so these can be thrown away.

unplug the electric mirror switch (if fitted)

Next, remove the 4 fixing sticking the console to the floor. and lift out the old console.

Use this procedure to remove the console form the Marea.

For re-fitting the Marea console, you'll need to do one of two things. If you're driving a 1.2 model with a lift-up reverse, you'll have to cut the Marea's gearknob off it's gaitor and use your original one (no Mareas have lift-up reverse)
    Otherwise just re-fit the Marea console, by guiding the handbrake and gear levers through the holes, and then by positioning the front half to line up with the dashboard, after that it's as easy as screwing it to the floor, and re-fitting the electric mirror switch.

http://www.fiatforum.com/attachment....4&d=1096481789

you can sort of see from the picture that the electric mirror switch needs to be re positioned. the switch itself simply clicks in behind the trim,

If you need any help with this, don't hesitate to contact me.

I bought my armrest in Whelan's Dismantlers in The Heath in Co. Laois, It cost me €15.
    All Mareas have an armrest, so finding one is simple. just make sure you get all the bits and pieces

Advertisement