Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing address on log vehicle licensing cert

Options
  • 15-02-2006 8:36pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to change address on the vehicle licensing cert on-line. A mate of mine has moved house and his tax renewal has been sent to his previous address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Can't do it online AFAIK, although you can download a PDF form for change of address.
    There's really no need to though, as you just fill in the boxes on the back of the cert and put a tick in the "change of address" box.
    I sent mine in recently and they returned it about a week later, all updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not sure as I don't have my PIN at hand to check.

But I do remember when I was renewing my tax the last time that it does ask you if your details are correct. I'm not sure if it gives you the option to change your details in there.

You could ring the Motor Tax Office in Shannon and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Get him to call his previous address and ask if they still have his tax renewal. He can change address online with this, not sure how to do it without renwal form, but I'm sure if you drop down to local tax office they will tell u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anytime I tried to change the details online, it simply tells you to complete the correct declaration form and send to local tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I changed my address on line last week when I taxed my car ! No problem !

You obviously have to have your PIN number !

• Advertisement
Advertisement