Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction from a newbie

Options
  • 15-02-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All, just a note to introduce myself, I am a single custodial parent of my 10 year old as well as two grown up and gone boys. I have been posting on support newsgroups for many years as well as, until very recently , offering my perspective and advise on parenting issues on rollercoaster.
    My posting style, which has developed over many years, can appear abrupt to some people. Be assured that I never set out to offend anyone. I merely post in direct response to what they put in print themselves. I am of the opinion (amongst many ;-p ), that no ones problems can be solved with a single post on then internet. If my initial post appears somewhat rude, rest assured that I will always follow up when more information is given and that my ultimate intention is to help!
    Looking forwards to joining in,
    dennis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Seems to be a load of folks coming over from RC....hope the fights stay over there! Welcome Dennis! :) Incidentally, are you the same Dennis that just got banned from RC for telling a woman who was asking for advice that her hubby was having an afair?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dennis

Yes, I am the same Dennis.
    No, I was not banned for giving advice to a woman that asked for advice from men on the only "fathers" board.
    That post was there for at least two days and is still there, quoted in full by someone else!
    Unless, of course, you know different?
    Dennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well everyone should read the Newbie FAQ for the site and the charter for this forum that has the rules for posting.
    Everyone is welcome as long as they abide by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Hi Dennis! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 proudmum

Hi Dennis !:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SPI

Hello Dennis,

Its that most banned person on Rollercoaster:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

hi dennis.
    *waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Miss Judy

OMG Dennis you are here:eek: So did you get permanently banned or what from RC. Have to admit you were a bit too full on at times, god love some people. They really do have serious problems and need reassurance and a bit of a cyberhug u know!!.
    Are you a looney teacher by any chance???:D You sometimes remind me of an old maths teacher I had, scary person:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look everyone who posts on this site starts thier account with a clean slate,
    everyone is held accountible for thier behaviour and interactions here not any where else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Dennis

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    Looking forward to posting advice and support if I have anything to offer.
    Boards.ie have an FAQ that says it pretty much the way I see it.
    We will not always agree but this does not mean that we are wrong.

Dennis

Advertisement