Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanda?

Options
  • 15-02-2006 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up Shadow of Colossus...

Great game absolutely loving it. But one thing i need answered...

in the manual...

It says the hero's name is wanda?

Wanda?

can someone explain please?

(though wouldnt mind playing a drag queen)

EDIT:

NM according to Wikipedia its meant to be Wander....*sigh* Engrish so funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I was under the impression that it wasn't out till friday, where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i had it preordered in a local gameshop...and my housemate works there...

He owes me anyway cause he sold the last copy of Katimari...B*sterd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Is the re-release of ICO out friday also?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yeh, googled it and apparently its true... the games alternate title is 'Wanda and the Colossus' so i guess its true. Then again the games other title is 'Wander to Kyozou'. Maybe they thought it'd be a play on the word 'wanderer'... nada

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wanda is Wanderer in japanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah the rerelease of ICO was in there aswell...

Still doesnt help when the manual refers to him as Wanda in the manual's story page. (its not said at all in game.) You think localisation would have changed his name to Wander or something which didnt make every one of my housemates crack up when they read the manual. Now whenever i'm playing they ask me am i playing with wanda...*bast*rds*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    \o/ I wasnt wrong... :)

*boogies*

Those crazy Japanese

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think Smyths are selling it today. When I was in there a few days ago they had ICO and SotC out on shelf with a sticker saying available 15th Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

My local Gamestop had the Ico rerelease on sale last week.

Good to know they've broken the street date. I need to play Shadow of the Collosus post haste. Was almost going to bite the bullet and get a swap disk and import for my PS2 last month because I was finding the wait interminable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well its here now so lets all run to the shops this instant, thing is, regarding Katamari say, I was chatting to my mate running the warehouse for a major Irish games chain and he was saying that Katamari simply wasn't expected to sell many copies, therefore the stores only got in 5 copies each, or there or thereabouts.
    The same weekend Sega Classics came out once again with only 5 copies issued to most stores.
    The big titles like your EA tripe get shipped in masive numbers.
    This boils back to the shops buyers and what they glean from the market and reps from various publishers about how popular a game will be and the potential profit in stocking it, doesn't always work out however, they got lumbered with a shedload of Driver 3 units, buying a ton of them, expecting it to be the next GTA and then getting most of them back in returns, ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Anyone know what time shops are open til tomorrow? Wont get into town til around 6, and im not sure if gamestop/game etc close at 6 or half 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm pretty sure that Gamestop on Henry St. stays open until around 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go to a store outside the city centre, all the branches of GAME outside the city centre are open until 9 tomorrow.

Advertisement