Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny vs George Hook

Options
  • 15-02-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this advertised for next Wednesday. A debate between Enda Kenny and George Hook. I think Young Fine Gael are behind it. Should be a good laugh!

I've always thought of Enda Kenny as pretty dull but fair play to him for agreeing to this.

I imagine the audience will be firmly on George's side unless they pack in alot of YFG types.

Anyone thinking of going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That sounds great-fair play to enda!I've left labouryouth so this debate could just swing me to the dark fine gael side!!I love the hookie monser on spin 103.8-joe and keith crack me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

That sounds good! I've met Enda a few times and he seems to be a 'wanna be hip' kinda guy so i'd say it should be a good laugh. Will be very interesting to see when is it do ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm a member of yfg I think. Normally I'd be on anyone's side but a politician's, but Hooky's a bit of a muppet methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scraggs wrote:
    That sounds good! I've met Enda a few times and he seems to be a 'wanna be hip' kinda guy so i'd say it should be a good laugh. Will be very interesting to see when is it do ya know?

It's on at 7 next Wednesday I think. I don't usually hang around for stuff like this but I might go to this one.

Perfect, that fits nicely into my schedule

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Scraggs wrote:
    'wanna be hip' kinda guy

Hmmm....you get that feeling alright!

A word of warning, Hook didnt turn up to the last UCD thing he was meant to be at!

However if it goes ahead it could be great!

Fight to the death with tridents and nets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Did anyone see hook on the panel over xmas-he was brill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

panda100 wrote:

He's just brill full stop! :)

I remember him out here last year for something or another (may have been a LawSoc debate) and he was fantastic!!! Great entertainment. I'm not sure about Enda Kenny though. He does come across as very dull. :confused:

panda100 wrote:

I thought he was ****.. :eek:

I reckon he's losing the magic. Not what he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Will probably make it myself. Not a mad fan of Hook at all and although id love not to like Enda hes too nice not to be liked. Will be there just to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I can't wait for this. Potentially could be very funny me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I thought he was ****.. :eek:

Yeah I did too...!

But I've been listening to him on Newstalk recently, and I'm starting to like him :)

I may stick around for this!

Certainly worth a look. I'll go if I'm in the area anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Great to see you guys'll be coming. I'm on the committee of YFG.
    Panda, if you're thinking of joining the 'dark side', gimme a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Pythia wrote:
    I'm on the committee of YFG.

Ah ha....
    Pythia wrote:
    Panda, if you're thinking of joining the 'dark side', gimme a pm.

DANGER Will Robinson! DANGER!

Boo UCD YFG. DSE all the way... :p

boo young anything.

why dont we all go together? kinda like a boards UCD meet up with Enda and Geroge. Also if we sit together and chant there is a greater chance we can disrupt the show....

You Suck.... The Referees a wankor......... You'll never walk alone........ come on you boys in green.......

I'll go as long as there will be mexican waves...

there better be mexican waves...

we could just get one mexican guy to wave
    in the rain
    in a field
    alone

what an artsy farsty post there grimes.

yes a single mexican waving would be quite satisfactory, i'm in...

• Advertisement

Its an arty thing.
    Scraggles were you in psych on monday? Was looking out for you but no joy . Im the back row stalker

cool i've got a stalker *little voice inside head says oh you think that now...

No i wasnt in Psych on monday i havnt been to any lectures in a fortnight... yes i am a complete waster. (oh and fyi i usually sit in the middle section in one of the middle rows usually beside an equally crazy girl)

Scraggs wrote:
    oh and fyi i usually sit in the middle section in one of the middle rows usually beside an equally crazy girl

nerdlinger.. that narrows my stalking down to one area. Thanks for the tip. Ill be sure to sit behind you and throw stuff at you like paper balls , pens, bricks

bricks?
    hmmm perhaps i'll just sit somewhere else...

perhaps ill just stand in the back row and throw bricks radomly around the lecture hall when the lights go off. Knocking people out.

Im just joking about the bricks you know. How would I ever get a bag of bricks into a lecture hall?:D

where theres a will theres a way.
    one idea for ya is to get some kinda of transportation device similar to a trolley. Load up said device with bricks, wheel into the disabled place in ThL and offload bricks using a launching method thto attack unsuspecting victims... just an idea though, i havent put much thought into it...

OT; Enda kenny eh? Hook eh? interesting and stuff

we could launch bricks at them?

no no no

NO

tempted? let the scraggs we know and love out to play

• Advertisement

no, why throw bricks when you can throw novelty items like rubber chickens and the likes?

man i really should start my irish essay which is due in exactly 68mins.... why is boards so addictive??

Advertisement