Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgroups?

Options
  • 15-02-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello all,

My name is Carly and I just moved to Dublin from the US 2 weeks ago with my husband and our 1-year-old son. We are expecting our second baby in July.
    I was wondering if there was a way to find out if there are playdate groups in my area. We dont know anyone, and I feel so bad for my baby not having anyone to play with. We are pretty much alone all day until my husband comes back from work.
    We are living in Cherrywood, if that helps.

Thank you in advance for any info :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah you mean play groups.

Your local health nurse will have all the listings for your local area.
    She would also be the the health professional that will be doing the developement check ups on your 1 year old.

IF you get in touch with your local health board they will be able to put you in conact with her.
    There may also be notices about play groups in your local library or on the notice board in your nearest super market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CarlyAna

hehe thank you!!! For whatever reason I wasn't sure if you called them playgroups too :D I felt the need to explain they were for playdates for the kids.
    I will check with the local health nurse then. I was about to call my obgyn secretary to see how i went about getting a referral for a pediatrician. I guess i just need a nurse then? My baby just turned 1 less than a week ago so i know he needs a shot soon.
    Thank you again and i'll check the supermarkets. I still dont know where a library is he he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am sure if you use www.google.ie and and input details of where in dublin you are you are likely to find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cfg123

Looking to meet up with other Spanish mothers for a playgroup? have a 5 month old son In Ashbourne/ Meath / Malahide / Swords/ Blanchardstown area. Pm if interested

Looking to meet up with other Spanish mothers for a playgroup? have a 5 month old son In Ashbourne/ Meath / Malahide / Swords/ Blanchardstown area. Pm if interested

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Please do not bump up old threads, you already started a new one. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement