Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router problem .. Help !!

• 15-02-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭

I have just put a Lynksys wireless router to my NTL cable modem. I can get internet access through it, I can get internet access using the router as a switch over the ethernet. I am connected to the router wirelessly, I must be missing something in my IE settings.

I wasn't here when the engineer set it up yesterday, do I need to add 'Doman Name' and 'host name' in the configration setup on the router?

If I do, does any one know what they are as tech support in NTL have gone home for the evening !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

turn off your modem by plugging out your cable, the same with your router.
    Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in your router, wait a minute then plug back in your modem. Assuming that you have the ethernet cable plugged in from the modem to the router. That should do the trick

I had the exact same problem when I hooked up my ntl cable modem to a wireless router. It's to do with MAC address registration.

TC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

The other thing I have found is to not use WAN ports on Wireless routers. I found just plugging into a spare LAN port works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I have found that by plugging the modem into a LAN port instead of a WAN port of the router things work better.

Advertisement