Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flue type for pellet stove

Options
  • 15-02-2006 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Last minute decison to leave a provision for a pellet stove in living room. The location backs on to main sitting room chimney. The chimney is provisioned to take a single flue for an open fire in sitting room however builder says there is enough space to put in a second flue but only enough space to have it a straight flue (foundations poured and chimney base in). Does a pellet stove need the same flue as a solid fuel system or like a gas fire will a straight flue do.

Forgive me if this is confusing havent a clue what the difference between these flues is....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Towbar,

There are a few rules about installing pellet stoves, feel free to call the office anytime, or if you can call in and I will show you why the rules are in place.

If you wish you can email info@ecostoves.com and I will send you a file with the regulations.

Advertisement