Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Men's Health Project - Experiences?

Options
  • 16-02-2006 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going anon on this.

OK, I think it's about time to be tested. No reason in particular, I just want to know I'm in the clear.
    Now, I believe that the Gay Men's Health Project on Baggot Street is free for testing. But is it actually part of the run-down Baggot Street hospital?

Has anyone been for testing there, or does anyone have any recommendations for other places that are free / cheap / reasonable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I have used the GMHP Haddington Road Clinic several times before. It is an excellent service that I would recommend. To the best of my knowledge they just use the Baggot St Clinic. (ie I don't think it is part of the hospital but they hold the clinics there)

Yes it will be uncomfortable but that is to be expected, yes it will be a strange experience but that is to be expected.

My advice, is use the service and don’t be too apprehensive. If you are nervous or want some guidance beforehand give the GMHP outreach team a ring on 8734952,

also turn up early as there is always a high demand

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement