Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General advice

Options
  • 16-02-2006 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi folks, I really need some advice as my knowledge of all things "tax" and such like, is pretty much non existant. Bit of a long one this, but I'm totally lost and really need some help...!

I finally left my terrible job (of four years) in the middle of 2005. It was a full time position with a large firm, totally legit and I paid all my taxes etc etc. In the 2nd half of 2005 I joined a company doing telesales 25 hrs a week, taking home 250 a week. The company told me that I would be classed as being "self employed" and would have to look after my own tax issues. I didn't think much of this as I didn't plan on staying with them too long and also knew that I'd have to pay damn all tax on a weekly wage of 250 anyways.

Things changed however in this job. I impressed the boss (I guess) and ended up getting a rise, a totally new role within the company and working more hours. I now do 35 hours a week and take home 350 (again, being classed as self employed).

I'm not too happy with my current position of having to look after my own tax and will have to ask about the possibility of becoming a full-time employee and have them look after my tax for me, but in the mean time my partner (who has a full time job, makes plenty of cash) and I are on the look out for a mortgage. I want to make sure that I'm all nice and legit as far as paying my taxes go but I don't seem to be getting very far with the old revenue commish. I've gotten an email off them asking for my prsi num etc. but that was ages ago and I'm still waiting for em to get back to me. I know if I can't get my classification changed from "self employed" to "employed" then I'm going to need the following to apply for a mortgage...

Audited Accounts/Accountant’s Report
    Confirmation of Tax Affairs
    Statement of Affairs

How the heck to I go about getting an accountants report? All I've got are some very simple statements of my pay (which I get every week) is that enough for an account to "file a report" or whatever? Also, what exactly is a statement of affairs? Can anyone recommend a good place to go to get a mortgage? I'm not saying I'd rather not disclose my bank statements of the last 6 months or anything, but they don't exactly make great reading. My parents (amazingly) are willing to put about 50 grand towards a house for me :eek: so I've got enough for a deposit and furnishing etc. I just need some advice on how someone in my position can best go about getting their affairs in order and sort out a mortgage.

Advertisement