Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In search of retro Crisps

• 16-02-2006 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Can anybody tell me the name of the crisps we used to get at "shops" in school c.1990 to 1995, they looked exactly the same shape as Nik-Nacks and as far as i know they were in a red bag???? Please help, it's driving me mad:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

i must be old heres a list of some sams spuds,monster munch,burger bytes,meanie,snax,chickatyees,tayto i hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

i must be old heres a list of some sams spuds,monster munch,burger bytes,meanie,snax,chickatyees,tayto i hope that helps

...And Rancheros, Meanies and Banshee Bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

...wheelies and bikers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

hula hoops???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

somechick wrote:
    Can anybody tell me the name of the crisps we used to get at "shops" in school c.1990 to 1995, they looked exactly the same shape as Nik-Nacks and as far as i know they were in a red bag???? Please help, it's driving me mad:confused:

Its Crun-Choo's(at least i think so) or what ever way they spelt it - pronounced Crunch OO's - remember the hotdog flavour crisps. Your right they did come in a little red bag. Man I used to love them:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yom 1 wrote:
    Its Crun-Choo's(at least i think so) or what ever way they spelt it - pronounced Crunch OO's - remember the hotdog flavour crisps. Your right they did come in a little red bag. Man I used to love them:D
    jesus yeah i remember those yokes!

hotdog flavour:rolleyes: how can something so wrong, taste so right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

yom 1 wrote:

They were really fcuking great, why did they stop making them ;_;

Crun-cho's I think they were callled. Or maybe it was choo's. Either way, so nice...

Chip stix (the really skinny ones)

What happened to the Tomato Ketchup flavoured . Crisps what were they called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hot Lips; 10p a packet, you could get 10 for £1. how old i feel typing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I remember those, i think they were called "Crunchos" were a favourite of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I had a dream last night I was in a supermarket aisle and the shelves were all stacked with multipacks of all the retro crisps :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Can you still get Hot Lips and Meanies? I sent my dad to look for them when he was in Dublin on a business trip but said he couldn't find them. They're so nice.

go into almost any shop in waterford and you can get meanies I don't like them yuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah but the meanies dont taste like they used to and the bags are way smaller (either that or i'm just bigger)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

somechick wrote:

me thinks they were twiglets!! please tell me if i'm right!

i actually would like to know if ne1 even knows what nik naks look like??
    i do coz i luvved 'em!! does ne1 know where i mite be able to purchase sum nik naks??!!!

Toasty wrote:
    i actually would like to know if ne1 even knows what nik naks look like??
    i do coz i luvved 'em!! does ne1 know where i mite be able to purchase sum nik naks??!!!
    Please see new ruling added (sticky) about the useage of text talk.

Seeing as I only introduced the rule yesterday i'll give ya the benifit of the doubt, but please do not continue to use it or you will face a 1 week ban!!!

memphis

memphis wrote:
    Please see new ruling added (sticky) about the useage of text talk.

Seeing as I only introduced the rule yesterday i'll give ya the benifit of the doubt, but please do not continue to use it or you will face a 1 week ban!!!

memphis

i was just wonderin ya know the way you say sorry in text form well i dont write that but i like to verbally say sowi but its not text talk!
    is sowi allowed??!
    please let me know as soon as possible!

Don't push your luck!!!

What I object to is repeated use of "txt tlk". I will allow some exception. But if people are gonna use a flow of it in each post then obviously they are gonna get banned!!!

Now run along and play kids!!!

i'm hardly a kid

• Advertisement

banned for trying my patience.

Advertisement