Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Web Hosting?

Options
  • 16-02-2006 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have registered a .com domain for myself and don;t want to pay hosting charges as they seem to be a tenner a month minimum.

I only want to have it live for a year or less

Any good sites that host with little or no banners?

I guess I just ring my .com registering company and give them my hosting details?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, just give the registrar the hostnames of the DNS servers of the host where your site will be hosted.

[Edit:
    Didn't read the full post as usual....

What blacknight says below is key. You can redirect usually to free webspace, but you get what you pay for]

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

it is also possible to redirect the domain to an eircom.net or similar free (but crappy URL) account.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

decbuck wrote:
    Hi,
    I have registered a .com domain for myself and don;t want to pay hosting charges as they seem to be a tenner a month minimum.

Only if you are looking in all the wrong places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Jesus christ man how stingy are you , you can get hosting for €2.92/month just look a little harder , above links maybe ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

what did you post that for. I did not ask for abuse? I had my reasons for asking questions.

have you nothing better to do??

An apology would be nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fre

Try Portland, it can be slow at times and has bandwidth limits asaik but overall pretty good.

http://www.portland.co.uk/webhosting_free.esp

fre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

i found www.frihost.com to be really good,
    you get PHP, perl, mySQL, FTP, unlimited subdomains and email accounts
    but you hav to keep an active account on their forums, which means making a few posts per week/month which is a smile price to pay really

Advertisement