Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childminding costs

Options
  • 16-02-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi guyz
    i have a 16 month old baby boy
    im gonna have to put him into childcare during the mon-fri 9-5 slot
    where would be the cheapest place to send him for childcare in cork ( somewhere you would send your own kids!)
    thanks guyz
    im new to the childminding thing, il explain in my next post!
    i'm so excited! :D:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi guyz
    i have a 16 month old baby boy
    im gonna have to put him into childcare during the mon-fri 9-5 slot
    where would be the cheapest place to send him for childcare in cork ( somewhere you would send your own kids!)
    thanks guyz
    im new to the childminding thing, il explain in my next post!
    i'm so excited! :D:)
    Hpe I don't get done for libel here! I would be wary of putting my kid in the 'cheapest' creche TBH - there is some crap out there. There is a new creche in Passage West which I hear is very poor. My own personal opinion would be to avoid the several creches run by Cogans as these tend not to be in purpose built facilities, although there is probably nothing wrong with them per se. Wherever you go is likely to cost you about €150 - €180 per week. Are you aware as well that you will quite likely have to wait many months to get a child in a creche?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Padraig Mor, just out of a matter of interest, can you give me some more details on the creche you mention in Passage West?? Just that I have booked a place in a new creche in passage for my daughter but would be interested to hear any negative comments you may have about it...that's if it is the same one (which it probably is cos there's not that many 'new ' creches out there!) you might save me from making a mistake with the creche..PM me if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

True some creches have very long waiting lists.
    The local child nurse at the local health centre will have a list of all the chreces in your area as they have to be registered and are assesed from there.
    She will be able to give you contact information and maybe steer you to wards what is best.
    Other then that you will have to ring arround and visit and inspect them.
    Some places will try grill you about your and the child but you have to be tought about grilling them as you are leaving your child in thier care.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

also contact child minding ireland.
    www.childminding.ie/
    the are the National Body for Childminding in Ireland.
    They should be able to give you the names of providers in your area.

Advertisement