Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grit getting into washing machine.

Options
  • 16-02-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi All

hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction on this one.
    Have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD440. Problem is, grit or sediment is getting into the filter and wrecking the filter. The machine fills up with water even when it is off. :mad: Hotpoint have had to replace the filter twice, which of course means I have had to take a day off work twice.

They advised me to run a few buckets off the water supply to try and flush all the grit. The tank in the attic is huge and it also feeds a duplex below me so I don't think that is a solution.

So does anyone know if it is possible to but 3/4" hoses and filters and shut off valves separatly? I was thinking about having it so the water supply would go into a filter before going to the machine. I could then clean out the filter every so often myself. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Dakan.

Comments

Advertisement