Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.NET & Visual Studio 2005 Books

Options
  • 16-02-2006 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a couple of tutorial books to get me upto speed on:

1. Using Visual Studio 2005
    2. .NET VB/C#

I'm a veteran software engineer and I have done a bit of Java/OOD (and passed my Java Programmers Cert). So I would be looking for something aimed at that level.

Many thanks in advance!

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Phileas Fogg

If you're a java coder then go for C#, the syntax is almost identical. TBH you're half way there with your java experience. Try a C# for Java Programmers book and the Microsoft Press have VS 2005 books.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ is also a good place to start.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Could I recommend these videos made by Microsoft, which are for C#.NET and VB.NET

It starts from just a wee tour around Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition (which can be downloaded from: VB: here C#: here, you will need to register to keep it longer than 30 days, but registration is free)

Anyway, it starts with a wee tour around (placing controls on the form, etc.) then all the way from Hello World through arrays, loops, and if blocks, all the way to making a RSS Reader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

theres loads of quickstarts over on www.asp.net
    code for asp.net 1.1 and 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

I've often found this ASP.NET FAQ website pretty good.

http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/aspnet/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

www.learnvisualstudio.net has some useful video material - some of it free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement