Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Go Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike

• 16-02-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I think I may have heard about this album here. If not it's savage.

Similar to Lemon Jelly, DJ Shadow and Groove Armada?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

ballooba wrote:
    Similar to Lemon Jelly, DJ Shadow and Groove Armada?

I would have said they are more similar to The Avalanches... More upbeat (mood wise) than DJ Shadow.

Good stuff though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Hadn't thought of the Avalanches. True though, they are more upbeat than Shadow. All four of those were firm favourites on my iPod for what I would call easy to listen music. Great to have a new one to add.

I mentioned it to the two guys beside me in work. One guy goes, "I've heard of them". The other guy goes "They're the cheerleaders. It's all young black girls and they're real energetic." From the website I get the impression that it's two girls and four guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

You lads should check out Handsomeboy Technique, from Japan, they sound a lot like the Go! Team, really good!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

This is a fun album to listen to. One of my favourites from last year (although it was actually released in 2004).

Thank Christ there's some worthwhile new music coming out of Britain that doesn't end at countless post-punk revival acts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I like that Ladyflash song but am worried I'd get bored listening to a whole album of this at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

theres one girl singer, and about 6 other people, including 2 drummers..... on stage at the same time :v:

thunder, lightning, strike was my second fav album of last year, buy it, it will make you happy :)

You lads should check out Handsomeboy Technique, from Japan, they sound a lot like the Go! Team, really good!!!

Must check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Handsome Boy Modelling School???

handsome boy modelling school is a rap album, i think.

handsome boy modelling school is a rap album, i think.

Yeah looks like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

ballooba wrote:
    Handsome Boy Modelling School???

No Handsomeboy Technique

See here for a comparision:

http://mp3.chrominance.net/2005/12/handsomeboy-technique-your-blessings/

Sounds good. Can't find it anywhere though. :( HMV don't appear to have it and google throws up nothing.

[edit] had been googling handsome boy as two seperate words. It's all clear now.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

theres one girl singer, and about 6 other people, including 2 drummers..... on stage at the same time

I thought that there were two girls: The rapper and one of the drummers. Am I imagining it? Either way, they're a great band and I love the album.

oh yeah, i think one of the drummers is a girl. seeing them live, there was so many people on stage i couldn't see one of the drummers!

On Top of The Pops video I saw onee fo the drummers was wearing a Parka with the hood closed up. Maybe that was the girl. The video is on Google video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Quality Quality album.

Handsome Boy Modelling School's "White People" is an alright album, some very good tunes, I think it's just Dan the Automator + guest rappers. There's some bloody woeful skits though.

Must check out handsomeboy technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dohboy

handsome boy modelling school is prince paul and dan the automator. they've ended the project now tho. 'white people' isn't a patch on their debut 'so how's your girl?' which is well worth digging out.

back on topic.. loved thunder lightning strike when it came out, but got bored of it. it's good fun though and they're great live.

a mate, who's not a fan, called them 'the new bentley rhythm ace'. ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

theres too many instrumentals on the album......and would be better if ninjas vocals were clearer.
    still,"The Power Is On" and "Huddle Formation" are brillliant,and its worth buying the album for those two songs...

Advertisement