Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT'd Car

Options
  • 16-02-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

If you were selling a car (98, nothing special) for X amount with it's NCT up at the end of the month,
    How much extra would you ask for the car if you put it through the NCT before selling it (so essentially there's 2 full years NCT on the car)?

What's that honestly worth? Or, if it was you, how much extra would you charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

I wouldn't really charge extra, i'd just know having an up to date NCT would hopefully get the car sold easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

€50 - €100 tbh.

Getting the NCT is a bit of a headache, but it's by no means a gaurantee to the buyer that your car is in a good condition. A full recent service by a main dealer would be worth more to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ShayHT wrote:
    I wouldn't really charge extra, i'd just know having an up to date NCT would hopefully get the car sold easier....

My thoughts exactly. A car for sale with a nearly expired NCT would make me suspicious, especially if the seller assured me "it will pass no bother". If so, why doesn't he NCT it a bit earlier? The expiry date will still be the same

Spend €50 on an NCT for a car worth €5000 and it's the best value for money you spend on selling the car, as compared to valeting it, spending money on advertising, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭joeyrat

Well basically, I was selling the car a few months ago & was getting €3k for it, but the sale fell through because the person was buying it as they were being relocated in their job, then the relocation fell through, so they didn't need it anymore.

The car is defo worth the money & the person that was buying it even said it was in exceptional nick for the money.

To shift it & save me any hassle I brough down the price & the person who now is looking to buy it, I agreed to sell it for €2400 (but that was without NCT)
    Then he phoned to say he wanted it, but only if it was NCT'd.

But, if a few months ago it was worth €3k with only a few months NCT left on it, surely now it's worth close to that with 2 years NCT on it.

No??

I mean, I haven't said anything to the buyer as I have to see about getting an NCT arranged & told them I'd get back to them, but, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Get it NCT'ed and round the asking price up to 2.5k. Chances are it will cost you about 100euro to pay for hte nct, possibly align lights etc.

People in this country are under the influence that if a car is NCT'ed, its in great shape :rolleyes:

IMO, the NCT doesnt add value to the car, it just helps you sell it quicker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

I went to see a car in dec but bought it in jan when he got the car nct'd. Not that it would give you more piece of mind but it just saves me hassle and in the event that i have to go and get some bushes or shocks done on the thing.

It can appear as suspicious someone selling a car that is not nct'd.

Advertisement