Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons ReDrum or step sequencer as VST

Options
  • 16-02-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I use Redrum for drum programming, mainly because i find it easier to visualise the pattern i'm thinking about in steps, rather than using the track sequencer.
    I got Ableton from a friend, & i know you can use rewire, but i was hopin
    there was a VST step sequencer like ReDrum.

So i can route the midi from it to say.. battery.

What about any other VSTs for drum programming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

use the 'copy pattern to track' facility. then use the 'export as midi file' thingamagoo. Baddabing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Try iDrum. It's the same "step" interface as reDrum, but not as good.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Try iDrum. It's the same "step" interface as reDrum, but not as good.
    That looks good, but it only seems to run on mac os.

someone told me about sr-202 from computer music magazine, anybody got that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

guru or microtonic

but dude, whats wrong with rewiring reason, its not bad when you get used to it, reason has so much to offer, im only discovering it lately. If you have Reason, it should be used. If youre used to redrum why not stick with it? Redrum is brilliant. Malstrom is animal. Subtractor is underrated. NNXT is great.

by the way, shame youre not on a mac- idrum really is brilliant - it almost makes up for the absense of Wusigstation, Sonar, and Soundforge.. but not quite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

I'm gonna stick with NN-XT & ReDrum for the time being.
    Downloaded demo of Jamstix & some other VST drum demos, but didn't like them.
    i've started using the track sequencer more so the drums are starting to sound a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

Theres a dedicated section to this in this months sound on sound magazine.

Advertisement