Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Pups

Options
  • 16-02-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help me in finding a male boxer pup?

I have tried the secretary for boxers but no luck.
    I have tried the buy and sell but they are all sold or else in kerry or cork! (I'm in Dublin)

I have a pug already and I was on a waiting list for 1.5yrs! I thought boxers were quite easy to find, but not now!!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

why not ask this breeder who was sellling her pups on here not so long ago they might one or know of one about somewhere
    shinners007
    thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054880153

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Thanks I pm'ed him.

any other links or ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What about a rescued one?? Check out www.irishanimals.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

There are lots of boxers in rescues, and the pounds are often inundated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

22_dannyboy.JPG
    Danny "Danny is a young male Boxer whose owner has had a change in circumstance and can no longer keep him. As with all young Boxers, Danny is quite bouncy and strong and will need a very secure garden and plenty of excercise. Danny is a house dog and will be neutered before going to his new home"

looks like a lovely pup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

hi thanks for all your help,

We got a 7 week old boxer last nite and just had to take him. He was living in squalor and there was crap all over the place.

We felt so sorry for him. He wasnt used to human contact at all and cowered when someone came near him.

We brought him home and kept him close and he soon warmed to us, playing and peeing everywhere!!

My question now is that he was being fed pedigree for puppies which I totally disagree with. Its like feeding them nothing but mcdonalds all the time.

I have a pug which I have on Royal Canin and he is thriving on it but I am not too sure what type of food he should be on. I have tried ringing the vet but no answer!!

What do yous think??
    I am not asking the breeder cos he was just out for money and that is it.;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

d-redser wrote:
    hi thanks for all your help,

We got a 7 week old boxer last nite and just had to take him. He was living in squalor and there was crap all over the place.

We felt so sorry for him.
    My question now is that he was being fed pedigree for puppies which I totally disagree with. Its like feeding them nothing but mcdonalds all the time.

I have a pug which I have on Royal Canin and he is thriving on it but I am not too sure what type of food he should be on. I have tried ringing the vet but no answer!!

What do yous think??
    I am not asking the breeder cos he was just out for money and that is it.;

If you paid him money for this puppy then well done, he's made money out of not treating his animals properly because you bought one of his puppies out of pity. Could you not have waited and given business to a good, respectable breeder? Oh and if the puppy you bought is 7 weeks old then he is 1 week younger than the recommended age for separation from his mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

It is generally recommended that puppies stay with their parents for 10 weeks. It's a pity you bought this guy as in 6 months there will be another litter living in the squalor you got him from. If it was that bad i would at the very least report the owner to the relevant SPCA. Make sure you get him to the vet for a good health check ASAP.

I'd go with the Royal Canin with regards to food.

Advertisement