Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9mm Ammo Prices

Options
  • 16-02-2006 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Finally got my 9mm pistol licence today so now trying to find most cost effective supplier for Ammo. Have 500 rounds on my licence so would be buying in reasonable bulk.

Can those of you using 9mm tell me how much you are paying & where you are purchasing (PM the "where / off who" if you are uncomfortable putting it out on the thread)? Also, what brand you favour and have you had any bad ammo brand experiences so I can steer clear of em.

I am in Dublin so North / Southside or Co. Meath / kildare all viable options for me. Shouldn't really need to travel much further than that unless there is a ridiculously low price to be had by a particular dealer.

Cheers for the help.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Congrats on the licence.

I'm paying the following at the moment (suppliers in the Republic btw):

Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ - 11euro/50rds (comes in a box of 100)
    CCI Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ - 12.50euro/50rds
    Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ - 14euro/50rds

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Was quoted €9.00/50rnds from a dealer in N.I., don't know what flavour they were but I'll find out. He could also supply .223rem at €9.00/30rnds.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Thanks Civdev, long time in the running, just hope the importation of the H&K will be smooth, although am already experiencing a hiccup with the dealer delivery! Do you find much of a difference between the 3 you are using or is it much of a muchness, ie is it really worth paying the extra couple of Euro. My main aim will be practice practice practice practice in the short term so would probably be inclined to buy as cheap as possible for now as long as they are not doing any damage / unreliable or are wildly inaccurate.

@ Macnas - that's a nice price, not sure if the saving would be worth making the trek to NI for though, or will the NI dealer meet this side of the tracks?

Anyone getting em for €9 per 50 around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mau9

Hi Civdef
    Could you PM me with the name of your suppliers please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The Sellier & Bellot stuff is very shiny :) , and you would notice an extra bit of a kick (still minimal), but it's what my CZ was designed for, and shoots the tightest groups for me.

I'm happy with all the ammo I've used so far, no jams at all so far with either the S & B or WWB - had 2 failures to eject from one box of the CCI - otherwise grand too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Got 400 rnds @ €10 per 50 yesterday. Its a funny Hungarian make but apparently the dealer has sold thousands without any complaints. Alas it was the last of the batch so looks like back to the hight prices again!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Was in Outdoor Hobby today, speaking to Alex and he mentioned €10 per 50 rounds for 9mm ammo. Didn't mention the make.

Advertisement