Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tuning mod for Audi on eBay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Looks very iffy, 22 pound for a little box that increases HP by 25. Avoid at all costs

edit: yup, check his feedback :

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=+performance_tuning_direct+&Dirn=Received+by

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dave - at best theres a 40cent resistor from Maplin inside the box which just messes with your air flow meter into tricking the ECU that the engine is always cold, and over fuels the car.

Total scam and will burn out your engine, avoid at all costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Members who left a positive: 3007
    Members who left a negative: 21

dosent sound bad. probably is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Chipping Deisels is nothing new.

Check out superchips in the uk and they have an authorised supplier and installer in Dublin as well. A couple of €€€ and TDI's can be given an extra 30bhp.

Well worth doing, and can actually increase fuel economy as you dont have to push the accelarator pedal as hard due to the extra power.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kluivert wrote:
    Chipping Deisels is nothing new.

Check out superchips in the uk and they have an authorised supplier and installer in Dublin as well. A couple of €€€ and TDI's can be given an extra 30bhp.
    Very true, but for £22 this aint one of them for sure. It'd cost you that much just to source the proper high-quality connectors needed for something like this, let alone actually put anything inside the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

LoL. Should have checked his feedback.

I'll check out superchips. Another ecommendations on tuning boxes etc for an Audi A4 ('02 Tdi)?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Revo and AMD also do tuning/chipping devices for VAG engines. I think Revo have one where you can switch between the original and modified mapping very easily in case you want to preserve a warranty or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

As said already its one of them poxy resistors ala "superchip"

If 25bhp could really be obtained for 22euro i think everyone would be using them!Its claiming the rights of proper superchips tho.

Theres a picture of it that shows the connection off the air flow meter going into it - avoid like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

yeah revo has the valet option also, where the car is put into limp mode and will only do 50kph. excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Its definetly a scam, read his feedback not one person said it worked. If your looking for a tuning box there is a guy in Nenagh does them his website is http://www.griffinmotortuning.com/ I got one for my Mondeo off him a while back for €400 fitted and it works noticed the extra power straight away

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement