Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly Cat

Options
  • 16-02-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, One of our cats is constantly breaking wind, I know it sounds funny but it can be rotten, Ive had nights where it has woken us up. we feed her whiskas dry food and have tried go cat too. Has anyone else had this kind of problem is there anything we can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Change her food, tinned food makes dogs and cats stink to high heaven.
    Change to something like Burns or Royal Canine, price wise it works out the same, the cat will take a while to get used to it (you can always add water at first to the mix). Whilest I haven't had a problem with some animals and tinned food others can be more sensative and there fore pong the place out.

Burns changed my dog from a stinky machine to a normal smelling dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

A health check will be a good starting point. Then change her onto a good quality food such as burns or Royal canin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sammie

We only ever feed her dry food, the moist only comes as a treat now and then, I think it might be the veg in the whiskas dry, Go cat do a meat dry food so will give her that, also have to be careful with that cuz shes allergic to fish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Smelly poo's are no fun. A vet check is your first port of call. Rule out any gut inflammation etc..
    The problem with go cat and whiskas is that they are a porous kibble which tend to swell and stay in the gut longer. The better brands sorry that sound snobbish but it's not, like Royal canin are hard kibble and the science shows that it is a better fomula for the cats gut to digest.

If you are worried about fish in the product, you should try and source Burns cat food.
    You don't give the cat milk do you? As that can be a source of smelly poo's too. Though with my oldies as in Max who is about 102, he has had every test under the sun, gets his Burns but on occasion still has a rancid deposit which he keeps till we are sitting round the dinner table. A spoonful of organic pro biotic yogurt given on his meals does seem to help, gives the gut flora something else to work on.
    Good luck and failing that a gas mask.

Claire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Get a bloodtest done. Could be the kidneys or the pancreas that´s not working properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement