Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Dish

Options
  • 16-02-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but just would like some advice.

A friend of mine has been approached by a broadband company. They are looking to put a dish (roughly about 2 meters) on his roof to cover ie access for the area. As way of compensation they are giving him a cash fee ( a few hundred) and free broadband.

Is this the norm? Has anyone had the same done? Should he get more? Should he snap their hands off? Are there any other factors that he may have to consider?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

On his roof, as in his chimney? If it is a 2m dish keep a mile away from it, it could not be good for the chimney stack with the wind restistance, if it only the size of a sky dish and meshed then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That's worth more than a few hundred I would think. If the neighbours find out, they will send round a lynch mob.

"You're microwaving my children, I'll burn your house down!!!".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mast locations such as that generally cost the BB company about €5k a year including the electricity your friend supplies them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sponge Bob wrote:
    mast locations such as that generally cost the BB company about €5k a year including the electricity your friend supplies them

I thought that. ;) Feckin chancers!!!

Advertisement