Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Volunteers 1913-1914

Options
  • 16-02-2006 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    I am doing research on the membership of the Irish Volunteers 1913-1914. I wonder would anybody know of good places to source manuscript material. Ive been to the National Archives,National Library and Trinity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scalder

Intresting I did a history of the formation of the Irish Volunteers in Wexford a couple of years ago, look at the RIC County Inspector Reports in the National Libary and look at local papers at the time too. I found a tantiling document in the National Libabary, it was a profroma report for volunteer units - I think, but might be wrong that it was in Bulmer Hobsum's papers - might we mistaken, but it was blank and I could not find any others- if they exist they would be a treasure throve.

Let me know how you are getting on as I'd be intrested in learning more.

Advertisement