Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Download Limits

• 16-02-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Peeps, I have the 3mb package with BT now it was upgraded from the 2mb package, now speeds are great etc, im just wondering if according to the broadband plus page on the website that your download limit is 30gigs per month. now there is no reference to uploads being included in this so im just wondering are they combined or are uploads unlimited? sorry if this has been asked & answered before but i couldn't find it.

TIA

Thump

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

From what I can remember from reading it it's the same limit for uploading and downloading, and they are separate from each other, so you can upload 30 GB and download 30 GB in any one month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

To roughly quote their FAQ:
    "You can download 30gb AND upload 30gb in the same month without penalty".
    A bit irrelivant though as the don't charge for exceeding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

kaizersoze wrote:
    To roughly quote their FAQ:
    "You can download 30gb AND upload 30gb in the same month without penalty".
    A bit irrelivant though as the don't charge for exceeding it.

i think there is rumours around that they are going to start to charge. only rumours tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

ghost26ie wrote:
    i think there is rumours around that they are going to start to charge. only rumours tho.

And it appears you have just fostered this rumour.

I have heard absolutely no rumour and there never has been a rumour of BT Ireland starting to charge people for excess downloading.

If they start...then well ALL know about it fairly quickly.

BT Ireland and Eircom almost NEVER charge for excess downloading....
    UTV CHARGES for excess downloading as they have a system in place to disconnect those who dont want to be charged...the previous 2 do NOT have such a system in place!

Advertisement