Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong flour

• 16-02-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Dublin 15. Does anyone know where I could buy strong white flour (unbleached preferably)? I used get in in Superquinn some years ago when I made bread and pizza bases with it. I can't see it anywhere now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They sell it in Dunnes stores in Cornelscourt. I assume they have it in other branches too. (Don't know if it's unbleached though, probably not).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

joolsveer wrote:
    I'm living in Dublin 15. Does anyone know where I could buy strong white flour (unbleached preferably)? I used get in in Superquinn some years ago when I made bread and pizza bases with it. I can't see it anywhere now.

My local Superquinn(Sundrive?-[Harolds cross]) does it (Odlums, as does the Centra in Terenure), as does the Rathfarnam Tesco, the only place to do strong brown in my experience is Superquinn, strong white is more easy to find.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Thanks for your help. I managed to get what I needed between Dunnes and Superquinn.
    I also tried some of the bread mixes from Lidl. My wife and daughter really like the results from the Ciabatta mix while I prefer the multi grain. Anyone else tried them? It's about €1.50 fot 1kg.

Advertisement