Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom profits fall, but Meteor grows

Options
  • 16-02-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0216/eircom.html
    Chief executive Dr Philip Nolan blamed the drop in earnings on increased competition and the company's investment in broadband. Broadband customer numbers were 215,000 on February 9.
    Is that on target?
    Dr Philip Nolan told RTE radio the company had lost about 30,000 fixed-line customers to competitors so far this year.
    No mention of what it's doing to stem the flow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kaizersoze wrote:
    No mention of what it's doing to stem the flow.

Praying. :D

I'm sure Eircon think all they can do is depend on advertising. Cheaper line rental, free installs and better packages is hardly going to do it now is it. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well dear phil, you can real my emails as to why i left you...

they still call every week or so looking to get me back and i always use this quote::

i would rather use a coke can and string then eircom...

or

have you read any of the emails i sent on the reasons for leaving...

suprise suprise the answer they give is always no

to which i reply:: and you are trying to get me back citing customer care?? you dont even know why i left!

and yet they continue to call...actually getting a bit annoying now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

How can they call you if you no longer have a phone line, did you give them your mobile number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

That dude from Imagine was ringing me all week. The first time he rang he asked for my Eircom account number like he was asking me my name. I never believed his cak....I went with BT:, Talk Plus and 3 meg BB for €64 quid a month. Thats unlimited calls to local and nat landlines and [effectively] unlimited BB for €16 quid a week. I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

How can they call you if you no longer have a phone line, did you give them your mobile number?

I belive he means that he left eircom for another telco.

Can anyone sence the sale of eircom ? and phill jumping on the meteor band wagon effectivly getting of the sinking ship :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement