Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW GnR Music - Three threads merged into one here!

• 16-02-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Just heard the 2 "leaked" tracks and i cant stop playing them they get better with every play after dozens of fakes these are the real deal!! and i am sure his voice is back to the way it was on the use you illusion albums and after seeing the "new guns" twice in 2002 i can safely say this album is gonna be ****ing savage!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Links to the two new tracks here (they are just demos):
    <snip>

Axl has still got it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭360*

Tonight at 6pm a guy on ITTFM Tallaght Student Radio said he was going to play a world exclusive of Guns N Roses, so if you havent heard the new song yet please tune in and listen. the frequency is 99.5fm and its based in dublin so only dubs at this stage im afraid.

Or you could just download it off the net :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

they're ok, nothing special. Apparently Axl had a listening party at some club in New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Anyone posting a link will get banned, just so ye know.

• Advertisement

Uh - O - Spaghettio :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

theyve taken down all links to the tracks, they dont work anymore anywhere

that might not be happening, youll have to tune into metal mayhem tonight to find out what happens.

Heres the deal. I downloaded a copy of the two new GnR tracks, 'IRS' and 'Better', this morning and within a few hours the tracks had been removed and most of the forums shut down. The forum that originally leaked the track is unclear but it is taught to be US based ChineseDemocracy.com, but chinesedemocracy.com has been 'disabled in the meanwhile' according to the websites main page. http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/article.php3?id_article=18

The forum is operated by the site www.gunsnroses.us, which have also been told by GnR management that they dont even want the leakage mentioned around the web. The track itself is amazing quality and was possibly taken from the original cd that Axl Rose handed the dj in a nightclub last week when he was celebrating his birthday. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=48248

There have also been rumours of a broadcast being made on 99.5FM (ITT Tallaght FM) this morning regarding the playing of the song live on college radio this evening at 6pm during the show 'Metal Mayhem'. Since I made that
    announcement on air myself, I'd like to point out that the song prob wont be played live on air due to the legal issues and other such matters....namely me being sued by Axl Rose, or his management, and the chance that I'll upset him so much he'll take another 5 years to put the bloody album out!

Listen to the show tonight anywaiz and see what happens, we're based in Dublin, and we'll certainly be discussing the song and the implications for Guns N Roses fans. At very least it should be an entertaining program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

And to ensure the same thing doesn't happen to Boards I'm strongly recommending that no-one posts a link if they want to remain part of the forums here.

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    And to ensure the same thing doesn't happen to Boards I'm strongly recommending that no-one posts a link if they want to remain part of the forums here.

thats some good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

is this album even worth discussing anymore - its been how long in the making?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    is this album even worth discussing anymore - its been how long in the making?

since 1997 officially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't like gnr and i'm sick of this crap. just release the album and get it over with ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i really wish he would hurry to **** up alright and release it. that said what i've heard is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

<snip>

Banned. You were warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I am soooo bored, I found this mildly amusing

haha!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

They seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth... shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

IRS sounds awful, Axl sounds like he doesn't care about how he sounds because he sounds like someone doing a bad impression of Axl Rose. The guitar sounds rubbish and the drumming worse. This better be a demo he recorded in a bathroom with pots and pans or thats it for Axl Rose, he broke up GNR for horrible horrible music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Giblet wrote:
    IRS sounds awful, Axl sounds like he doesn't care about how he sounds because he sounds like someone doing a bad impression of Axl Rose. The guitar sounds rubbish and the drumming worse. This better be a demo he recorded in a bathroom with pots and pans or thats it for Axl Rose, he broke up GNR for horrible horrible music.

Bit harsh it is only a Demo might not even be on the album (if it comes out)

I like both demo's anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The songs aren't great, Well not worth 13million anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Dave Navarro is playing this on his internet radio show now - www.spreadradiolive.com

(show is archived so it'll loop around again eventually if you miss it)

Note I'm not linking to a copy of the music here - Navarro's show is streamed and royalties are paid automatically so it's not like he's pirating. Anyway, what is Axl going to do, sue Navarro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Mmm... Ok. Just finished listening to it and frankly... Meh. There were 3 occasions where I started looking for my phone thinking it was ringing only to find it was "GNR". Not a good thing for a rock song to achieve.

Dave Navarro is playing this on his internet radio show now - www.spreadradiolive.com

(show is archived so it'll loop around again eventually if you miss it)

Note I'm not linking to a copy of the music here - Navarro's show is streamed and royalties are paid automatically so it's not like he's pirating. Anyway, what is Axl going to do, sue Navarro?
    its funny you should mention him because i really thought the songs production wise especially on the guitar side sounded alot like his solo album.

There was a time, the latest leak, sounds alright.

i wonder if it is axl who is releasing them. creating a buzz like.

Been listening to TWAT, man, he hits some high notes in that, probably the highest he has ever gotten to. High f# (14th fret on high e) He sings an entire phrase in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

the quality of the version i have of irs is pretty awful, but sound quality aside the song sounds rubbish anyway. not a patch on vr or audioslave tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

IRS is definetly the weakest of the 3, There was a time is really growing on me though not unlike some of the big songs on use your illusion, although give me appetite any day, should really be just considered Axl Rose Solo work

Advertisement