Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos

Options
  • 16-02-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

About a 5 weeks ago I ordered and paid for a couch from Argos. They said that it usually takes about 28 days for delivery and that someone would be in touch with me to arrange the delivery. 3 weeks later I rang up and spoke to someone in their warehouse. They told me that someone would be in touch with me within a week to arrange its delivery. 1 week later after I still hadn't heard anything I rang back and they told me that the item had got out of stock ! They also said that they'd refund my credit card within 7-10 working days !!!!!

Does anyone know if there is any consumer law governing this kind of situation? TBH I'm not too bothered about the fact that I lost 4/5 weeks interest on my money and that Argos had my money in their account for that period. However, I'm really annoyed by the fact that:
    1. Argos didn't bother to tell me that the item was out of stock and held onto my money
    2. Its taking them so long to refund my money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I work for Argos, and it totally sucks that you weren't informed the product was out of stock. I cannot explain why that is. As for the refund, the normal processing time for credit card transactions is 48 hours. If you have any queries with regards to your refund, you should go into the store, where you purchased your item with your receipt and credit card and ask them to process the refund for you. They should be able to sort it out for you.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Had a similar situation, bought a home delivery item in july, cancelled it in august and finally got a refund in October, after god knows how many calls.:mad: And they didnt refund the delivery charge till I made 3 further phone calls. Customer service? Not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Nightwish wrote:
    I work for Argos, and it totally sucks that you weren't informed the product was out of stock. I cannot explain why that is. As for the refund, the normal processing time for credit card transactions is 48 hours. If you have any queries with regards to your refund, you should go into the store, where you purchased your item with your receipt and credit card and ask them to process the refund for you. They should be able to sort it out for you.

You work in Argos? Where do you keep all the stuff!

yeah I work there, but what do you mean? Where is the stock stored? The home delivery stock is stored in the UK or is despatched direct from the suppliers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He probably means how does Argos keep nearly everything in that huge catalogue in stock, since it can be befuddling.

If that's what's being asked: Apart from very small items and specials, they only keep a few of each item in stock locally, and the store is stocked up regularly from regional warehouses, which are (in some cases) in turn topped up from major warehouses. It's not exactly JIT, but it's as near as dammit.

I've always been more curious about how the local stores are organised, with ones and twos and threes of all sorts of odd-shaped stuff. Love to have a look sometime.

adam

• Advertisement

The stockroom is quite boring really. Looks like what you'd expect it to be like. Aisles of racking. Stock stored by range ie Kettles, curtains, bedding etc. Everything is stocked in store except Home Delivery, Extra (non-extra stores have an order-in service) or seasonal prodects which are again order -in only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm i have always found Argos customer service to be excellent! any time i have got a home delivery i have got it before the estimated DD in the catalogue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

(Former storeman. Weird concept of cool. :))

Advertisement