Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do You Deal With Homophobic Bigots?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Vinnie69 wrote:
    Second quote: You misunderstand me. I was trying to answer the previous post. Friends are friends gay straight or bi :D
    I don't know a PC word that describes that type of friendship other than "friend" but that doesn't define the special friendship,we gay men have with these female friends!

These two comments don't seem to match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Maybe the best way is just to stop shoving it in everyone's faces. Nobody likes fags, people just aren't comfprtable around them, that's the bottom line. You are social outcasts and as far as I'm concerned you should stop worrying about how others percieve you and concentrate on copping yourselves on.
    Oh Europeboy17, I feel so sorry for you because you're tangled in your own web of bigotry and hatred. I could call you names, throw hatred remarks back at you but I refuse to do so because that's exactly what you want, it is what bigots crave off and I'm not giving it to you. I forgive you because if I was brought with the same attitudes that you hold, I'd be exactly like you and I'd hate myself and I'm not being weak, I'm following Jesus' teachings. I don't want to live a life of bitterness and hatred against those whom have insulted and angered me. As Nelson Mandella puts it in his "A Long Walk To Freedom":

"A man who takes another man's freedom is a prisoner of hatred, he is locked behind the bars of prejudice and narrow-mindness. I am not truly free if I'm taking away someone else's freedom, just as surely as I am not free when my freedom is taken from me. The oppressed ans the oppressor are robbed of their humanity".

But I'll pray for you still that you'll realise your own faults and become a better person.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

LiouVille wrote:
    These two comments don't seem to match.
    Sorry for not answering sooner. There are women who have gay men friends (and vice versa )and then there other women who seek the company of gay men only.
    It is this second group of women who are called "fag hags" which I think we all agreed is not a nice name. Its a pity that people cannot think of a nicer name.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Vinnie69 wrote:
    Sorry for not answering sooner. There are women who have gay men friends (and vice versa )and then there other women who seek the company of gay men only.
    It is this second group of women who are called "fag hags" which I think we all agreed is not a nice name. Its a pity that people cannot think of a nicer name.:)

Meh, I've avoided those type of women.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

LiouVille wrote:
    Meh, I've avoided those type of women.

Me too, the funny thing is, the only ones I know now are friends of a closet (even to himself!) friend who brings one along with him to the local club do's and then gets annoyed when they chat with my other half and myself for the night:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement