Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate metal band

• 16-02-2006 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What would you say the ultimate metal band would be?
    I'd say..

Vocals-James Hetfield (Metallica)
    Guitar1-Slash(GnR,VR)
    Guitar2-Dimebag(Pantera)R.I.P
    Bass-Steve Harris(Iron Maiden)
    Drums-Joey Jordinson(Slipknot)

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

not a big metal fan myself but i'd definitely have to disagree with your choice of drummer there, as I am one myself.

Jordinson sucks compared to the vast majority of the nordic dudes. I swear to god those guys were born as extreme metal drummers. My personal choice for a kick ass metal band would be the guy (can;t remember name) who drums for arch enemy, sickeningly fast fills, great speed, tome keeping and inventiveness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wow that would be so cool, lol, that's cool, lol. :)
    Don't think these type of threads are allowed mate.
    Been done to death.
    I agree with the drummer but possibly dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Don't think these type of threads are allowed mate.
    Been done to death.
    I agree with the drummer but possibly dave.
    Ahh **** it we'll let it run for a while.

It would be nice if people would qualify their choices though, elaborate on why they choose someone over someone else and why they think the whole thing would work as a package... make an effort like :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i honestly dont think i could pick my difinitive (sp?) ultimate metal band, but if i had to pick one right now....

Karl Sanders - guitars/vocals
    fantastic guitarist, pure & simple, & i love his compositional style.
    his incorporation of eastern sounds into his songs would be another reason; always nice to see someone doing something interesting.

Muhammed Suicmez - guitars/vocals
    another amazingly talented guitarist, easily one of the best.
    i'd actually like to see how Sanders & Suicmez would work together, two very contrasting styles.
    2 vocalists also adds another dimension to the band

Ken Owens - drums
    this choice has nothing to do with ability, i just love his style.
    too many metal drummers overuse double kick & blast beats, Owens didnt.

Roger Patterson (RIP) - bass
    just edged out Alex Webster, i think he'd fit better with the other 3 band members i've chosen.
    great bassist, great style, sad to see such a talented musician die at such a young age.

Honourable mention: Mikael Akerfeldt
    i like Mikaels guitar style, writing style, but most of all i love his vocals. possibly the best vocalist in metal, in my opinion. should really have been in my band, but i don't think he'd fit with those members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

JUDAS PRIEST, just Judas Priest...

• Advertisement

Cousin it wrote:
    not a big metal fan myself but i'd definitely have to disagree with your choice of drummer there, as I am one myself.

Jordinson sucks compared to the vast majority of the nordic dudes. I swear to god those guys were born as extreme metal drummers. My personal choice for a kick ass metal band would be the guy (can;t remember name) who drums for arch enemy, sickeningly fast fills, great speed, tome keeping and inventiveness.
    that would be Daniel Erlandsson, and yeah, he's very good. on a less cool note, his younger brother drums for Cradle of Filth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Doctor J wrote:
    Ahh **** it we'll let it run for a while.

You've gone soft since Hungus buggered off. ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hungus is yesterday's news, it's time to take off the leash :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well I have been calling you Karl Lite...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Vocals: Matt Barlow or Hansi Kursch (sp?) - Both incredible vocalists with great range and strong emotional singers.

Guitar 1: Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.) - Do I need to give a reason?
    Guitar 2: Dave Mustaine - Writes some of the greatest riffs. It'd be interesting to see what him and Chuck could've come up with.
    Bass: Steve Harris - Cos there is no-one else!
    Drums: Derek Roddy - Nuff Said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Atheist :)
    Vocals, bass, guitar, drums..... if theres a flaw there, I havent seen one.

^Atheist with Tony or Roger?
    Slurms wrote:
    Vocals: Matt Barlow or Hansi Kursch (sp?) - Both incredible vocalists with great range and strong emotional singers.

Guitar 1: Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.) - Do I need to give a reason?
    Guitar 2: Dave Mustaine - Writes some of the greatest riffs. It'd be interesting to see what him and Chuck could've come up with.
    Bass: Steve Harris - Cos there is no-one else!
    Drums: Derek Roddy - Nuff Said
    id choose Hansi ahead of Matt, just my personal preference; but yeah, both amazing vocalists.

i dont think Mustaine & Chuck would have fit actually - not that wouldnt make it iinteresting to observe, but just IMO i dont think they'd fit at all; two very differing styles. plus, Mustaine is a cock & Chuck was the **** :p

Arucard wrote:
    i dont think Mustaine & Chuck would have fit actually - not that wouldnt make it iinteresting to observe, but just IMO i dont think they'd fit at all; two very differing styles. plus, Mustaine is a cock & Chuck was the **** :p
    Aye, there could be a bit of conflict between Dave and Chuck but still I think they are 2 of the best metal guitarists ever. I was close to putting Jesper Strömblad, just cos I like him :p

had to google that name! not big into In Flames; nothing against them, just never listened to enough of em to gain more than a passing opinion.

Arucard wrote:
    had to google that name! not big into In Flames; nothing against them, just never listened to enough of em to gain more than a passing opinion.
    I just respect em cos The Jester Race is one of those rare "masterpiece" albums. It does not contain a single bad song, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Paul Stanley - as vocalist, thats a deffo
    Nicko MCBrain - Drummer
    Lemmy Kilmister - Bass
    Angus Young - Guitar

Angus could drag along his brother on rhythm guitar in case Paul Stanley doesn´t want to have the job.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Mikael Akerfeldt - Vocals
    Dimebag Darrell - Guitar
    Steve DiGiorgio - Bass
    Flo Mouriner - Drums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Tough question. Hmmm....

Definitely Flo Mournier on drums though :D

Line up 1:
    Chuck Schuldiner - guitar
    Alexi Laiho - guitar
    Les Claypool - bass
    Flo - dums
    Mike Patton - vocals

Line up 2:
    Jon Levasseur - guitars
    Dan Mongrain (Maybe Ron Jarzombek) - guitars
    Alex Webster - bass
    Either Flo or Pete Sandoval (Derek Roddy doesn't make the cut) - drums
    That guy from Psycroptic (he can do any extreme vocals) - vocals obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Mikael Akerfeldt - vocals/guitars
    Sean Reinert - Drums
    Hellhammer - Drums (why not?)
    Flafe Lorenz - Keyboards

not sure who else to add. finish it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Bruce Dickinson - Centre forward
    Dave Mustaine - Offensive midfield
    Tom Morello - Winger
    Steve Harris - Right Back
    Roy Mayorga (ex-Soulfly/Sepultura) - Goal keeper

They'd come up with something new, and you know it! (They'd probably also rip the heads off each other in the process)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Vocals - Mike Patton
    Bass - Les Claypool
    Drums - Dave Lombardo
    Lead Guitar - Kirk Hammett
    Guitar - Buzz Osbourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Cousin it wrote:

I'm sick of metal bands with drummers that just fill every available split second
    with double bass, if I wanted to hear a drum machine I'd get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Vocals: Steve Grimmett (Grim Reaper, back when he could still hit the high notes)
    Guitar: Herman Li (DragonForce, for those lightning fast solos)
    Guitar: Vinnie Vincent (ex KISS, for those fast but not as fast but catchier solos!)
    Bass: Patrice Guers (Rhapsody)
    Drums: Scott Travis (Judas Priest, cos he can play just about any style, like any good drummer should)
    Keys, if needed: Alex Staropoli (Rhapsody)

Songwriters would be Steve Grimmett/Vinnie Vincent/Alex Staropoli

There are so many ****in options, and it all really depends on how you want the band to sound, but i did my best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Okay

Mikael Akerfeldt - vocals/guitars
    John Petrucci - guitar
    Sean Reinert - Drums
    Danny Lohner - Keyboards
    Michael Balzary - Bass

Could come up with some great prog

^Lohner on keys? seriously?
    whats Reinert doing nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

OK theese guys i have picked not just for there ability but there style and there creative ability

Singer- Corey taylor(slipknot), he has the screaming and the clean voice and has a broad enough range.

Lead 1- Dimebag(pantera, damage plan), some crazy ass solos and a load of style and creativity

Lead 2- dave mustaine(metallica, megadeth), for the same reasons as dimebag

Bass- ryan martinie(mudvayne), just listen to the way he uses the bass his lines just flow in there without killing the guitar and they really add to the mix

Drums- this is the one im undecided on either paul bostaph(slayer, exodus etc) or chris adler(lamb of god) both of theese guys have a great flow with the music and can ****ing play, there are plenty of nordic guys out there that may be better but a lot of em dont mix with the music as good as these two, paul bostaph made slayer twice as good in my book and without chris adler lamb of god would not be nowhere as near as how good they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 toxsic

yeah man i totally agree with you! that would be an unreal band!
    But i'd put Sid Willson in there to mix it up a bit! he is a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Vocals - John Tardy of Obituary (Being outside the templebar gig in January listening to everyone trying to impersonate his vocal talent was just hilarious. His voice is easily distinguishable and unique)

Lead Guitar - Paul Masvidal of Death and Cynic (Simply great). Alternatively Chuck Schuldiner

Rhythm Guitar - Vogg of Decapitated (From an upcoming death metal band, Adds a bit more brutality than Masvidal)

Bass - Les Claypool of Primus (Adds some progressive and jazzy elements)

Drums - Danny Carey (Can't believe he hasn't got a mention yet. His rhythms are amazing. I don't know if he could play those black metal type beats [ultra fast snare and bass] but his creativity with a drum kit does it for me. Roll on the 10,000 Days album)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jaggy Snake

Brann Dailor anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mikael Akerfeldt - Guitar & Vocals
    Peter Lindgren - Guitar
    Martin Mendez - Bass
    Martin Lopez - Drums

Advertisement