Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate metal band

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Uhm. Will I tell him or will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 /)rakai

Dead_Donny wrote:
    What would you say the ultimate metal band would be?
    I'd say..

Vocals-James Hetfield (Metallica)
    Guitar1-Slash(GnR,VR)
    Guitar2-Dimebag(Pantera)R.I.P
    Bass-Steve Harris(Iron Maiden)
    Drums-Joey Jordinson(Slipknot)

:D

Man that's one crappy ass metal band you've got right there, only person there with balls is Slash.
    Joey sucks, get Dave Mackintosh (Bal Sagoth Atlantis Ascendant) to do it.
    Guitar? Can name millions beter than Slash and Dimebag, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani for ****s sake. Vocals? Go power metal here and you'll find yourself fully trained opera singers instead of that fag Hetfield, if you're not into that, take a trip to Scandinavia, the local amateur bands have better vocals XD.

EDIT: Someone noticed I was talking ****e XD. Bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Paul Gilbert - Guitar
    Les Claypool - Bass
    Igor Cavalera - Drums
    I can't think of a vocalist who would fit that so Les and Paul can share the vocals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I doubt if Danny Carey has and will ever play a gravity blast. Just not his style or taste, I'd imagine.
    Also, why would you want Steve Vai and Joe Satriani as your guitar duo in a metal band? All they'd do is play lydian dominant themed solos for three minutes of a five minute song, and probably not one metal riff would be stuck in, as they're more rock oriented guitarists anyway. And opera vocals? Few bands can pull that off and not sound utterly and nonsensically pretentious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 /)rakai

I doubt if Danny Carey has and will ever play a gravity blast. Just not his style or taste, I'd imagine.
    Also, why would you want Steve Vai and Joe Satriani as your guitar duo in a metal band? All they'd do is play lydian dominant themed solos for three minutes of a five minute song, and probably not one metal riff would be stuck in, as they're more rock oriented guitarists anyway. And opera vocals? Few bands can pull that off and not sound utterly and nonsensically pretentious.

Only 3 minutes?
    :P

Anyways, at least somebody knows what they're talking about, I expected with the responses I'm getting here just to spout black metal drumming terminology and have people wonder what the hell I'm on about.
    Anyways, True, Steve Vai and Satriani would just sit around and throw progressive down your throats, but then again, I'm a fan of progressive metal, although, you're probably right that they wouldn't suit a metal band.
    I also never said that opera vocals should be used, just that there are much better singers who can reach gore metal lows, and also reach opera level highs.

To be honest, my perfect metal bands already exist, Freedom Call \m/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

James LaBrie is opera-trained, but I doubt you'll hear him do death vocals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

JoeyD wrote:
    Rhythm Guitar - Vogg of Decapitated (From an upcoming death metal band, Adds a bit more brutality than Masvidal)
    Upcoming? man, they've released 4 albums, they're pretty well known! but i do love Vogg, especially his tone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

everyone from SOAD :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

^thats kvlt man :p

Advertisement