Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senator .. How much more €€€

Options
  • 16-02-2006 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Guys,

At window decision time.. just wondering how much extra senator are compared to 'the other' PVC window manufacturers? Anyone got some quotes to help me weigh them up ?

Cheers
    Jayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I found Wright Windows the best, used them on the last two houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

Senator were about 6K dearer than Munster Joinery when we got quoted for about 32 windows but their quality is good and I don't think I would allow price to be the deciding factor if we ever were looking for windows again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Soledad wrote:
    Senator were about 6K dearer than Munster Joinery when we got quoted for about 32 windows but their quality is good and I don't think I would allow price to be the deciding factor if we ever were looking for windows again
    Yeah, Ive had Senator windows for about 2 months now.
    They were a couple of €k more expensive than two other quotes
    (Fairco/Munster) but to be honest after some comments I have read on here about them, I am happy we went with Senator.
    That being said, we have had a few small (and one not so small) issue with the installation.
    The front door is not draught proof, they have been out a few times adjusting bits and bobs, but to me its looking like a new door is required as the door is already "tight" to unlock from the outside..
    To their credit they have no problem coming back and actually said "you keep calling us and we will keep coming out until you are satisfied"

Also, we had a problem whereby a workman broke the metal bar/hinge on a window and they replaced that with no questions asked.
    (10 year parts and labour warranty included in price, if they install)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dderd

Senator were €3.5K more expensive than Munster (27 windows +2 dbl doors)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

We got our front windows done last summer. Senator quoted €4K. We went with a quote that was around €2.8K and very happy. PM me if you want the name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

We got 3 windows done last year.
    Senator windows fitted were about twice the price of almost all of the other quotes. We got a builder to fit the senator and then the difference was about 20%
    If you need someone to fit them his website is at www.theirishweb.com/brandon
    haggle hard though because you can get him to come down in price for fitting.

Very happy with the senators too. Sound insulation is very impressive.

JimmySmith wrote:
    If you need someone to fit them ...
    FYI, you dont get the 10 year warranty if someone else fits them, I think you get a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

I checked that .. 10yr guarantee.. price wasn't bad.. didn't cause me to faint anyways.. 2.5k more than another quote.... which I thought wasn't bad :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi

Sentaor were thousands dearer for our quote. Have to agree with others Wrights of Milltownpass Co Wesmeath cannot be beaten for price, fitting or service. They are tops. Could not recommend them highly enough. And they have a great choice of doors including Actis doors which are fab. Just had ours installed. Give them a call for a window quote. You will save money and get a real quality job.

Wrights fitted windows to my parents house.. When fitting onw of the dormer windows they f*&ked up the lead causing it to leak right thru to the ceiling downstairs :-\

Thx but no thx ...

• Advertisement

What convinced us in the end was that we reckon there is a much better chance of someone like Senator being around in 10 years time than some of the other places...

Thats whats swaying me towards them ..

Not to mention the better quality windows, guarantee etc..

Advertisement