Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo help???

Options
  • 16-02-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi i'm a big noob to the pc scene.. sort of.. well anyway.. my problem is this

i have a 2600 amd semperon pc, with 1 gig of ram, a 256 ati radeon graphics card and 80 gig harddrive space... i have my system upgraded with each and evry update i can find...

but...

I can't play halo.. it keeps tellin me that my agp is off.. but when i check dxdiag.. its on..

help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well i found this problem happened once before to me. First check your bios to make sure that the AGP 4x or 8x or whatever setting your MB supports is turned on.

My problem was that i had not used a driver cleaner when i was changing versions of the driver. Go to guru3d.com and get Drivercleaner and uninstall your ATI drivers. Then boot up windows in SAFE mode and run driver cleaner clicking on all ATI related files. Once this has completed, reboot and go to NORMAL mode again and then install the lastest version of ATI drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

First what kind of graphics card is it e.g the model number Radeon X600, X1800 etc.

Second Halo doesnt like utilities that force a custom refresh rate for all games if you are using one uninstall it, it is also worth trying for the sake of it to set your monitor to a 60Hz refresh rate to see if the game starts.

Third install the official patch for the game the last one for the single player segment of the game was 1.07.

Make sure you have Direct-X 9 installed and have installed the AGP drivers for your motherboards chipset.

Advertisement