Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTIreland - €40 a month deal

• 16-02-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Having been over charged due to a "clerical mistake" again I want to find out has any one who has the 40euro bundle actually pay just the 40.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I certainly didn't:mad:

My first bill with them arrived last month and not only did they fail to give me the discount for line rental/broadband combined, they also charged me for the six weeks between my registering my interest and actually getting the feckin' modem.

I wonder what they deal is with them anyway, if I did my job with the same level of incomptenece displayed by their billing dept I'd be sacked on the spot and rightly so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I'm on the broadband Plus €50 a month option and I've been charged a lot more than this per month. From my understanding in order to avail of the Broadband (€40 per month) and line rental (€10 per month) one must sign up to BT Talk Plus which is a minimum of €15 per month. With BT Talk plus you get free calls.

You can also save €30 by opting for online billing. However, the online bill isn't itemised so it's very hard to understand the breakdown of the charges.

I'm with them since October. Am thinking about changing,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I certainly didn't:mad:

My first bill with them arrived last month and not only did they fail to give me the discount for line rental/broadband combined, they also charged me for the six weeks between my registering my interest and actually getting the feckin' modem.

I wonder what they deal is with them anyway, if I did my job with the same level of incomptenece displayed by their billing dept I'd be sacked on the spot and rightly so:rolleyes:

Indeed but this 'same level of incompetence' has been allowed to go on for years:rolleyes:

Folks,

See this other thread where BT seem to have overcharged everyone €30

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054890761

That €30 off my bill should bring it back inline with the figure that I was expecting. Am calling them 2morrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

demac wrote:
    I'm on the broadband Plus €50 a month option and I've been charged a lot more than this per month. From my understanding in order to avail of the Broadband (€40 per month) and line rental (€10 per month) one must sign up to BT Talk Plus which is a minimum of €15 per month. With BT Talk plus you get free calls.

You can also save €30 by opting for online billing. However, the online bill isn't itemised so it's very hard to understand the breakdown of the charges.

I'm with them since October. Am thinking about changing,

Are you sure?? Can anyone else confirm the highlighted text. I never knew you only got 3mb and Line Rental with BT for €50 if you signed up for the €15 talk package. For someone who rarely makes 5 or 6 euro worth of calls this ''catch" would make BT as expensive as UTV for me.

• Advertisement

This is what I was told by BT when eventually I got through to them. We make damn all calls here too so definately didn't want or request BT Talk Plus.

A catch this definately is.

While I can't complain about their service, a lot of people are liek myself are pissed at their billing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`ve been with BT for two years and am currently paying €40 a month for the 3MB service.I dont have line rental with them,but do pay for my calls with them.I havent signed up for any of the plus options so dont pay set amount each month for calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I'm on BB Plus and they charge me €36 a month. They are giving me some discount and I've no idea what it's for. I'm keeping my trap shut about it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Are you sure?? Can anyone else confirm the highlighted text. I never knew you only got 3mb and Line Rental with BT for €50 if you signed up for the €15 talk package. For someone who rarely makes 5 or 6 euro worth of calls this ''catch" would make BT as expensive as UTV for me.

You only need to have BT talk - there is no minimum requirement for calls. I have the bundle and only ever have € 5 of calls per month

Got through to their billing department and spoke with Vincent there. He informed me that since October they hadn't passed all the discounts onto my account and that they owed me €70 which would be taken into account in the next bill. Good news for a Friday.

What happens to the customers that don't call up ? Do they get charged this extra money ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

demac wrote:
    Got through to their billing department and spoke with Vincent there. He informed me that since October they hadn't passed all the discounts onto my account and that they owed me €70 which would be taken into account in the next bill. Good news for a Friday.

What happens to the customers that don't call up ? Do they get charged this extra money ????

How much is BT talk extra though or does BT talk just mean that you must move calls over to BT from your current call provider to get BB for that price.

Ya see, other than the woeful caps with UTV and the price assuming BT is cheaper, I don't have a problem with their service.

I am paying €41.99 for their Clicksilver Plus 3mb service and another €24 to Eircon for Line Rental. Thats €65.99/month

If I can have BT's 3mb product for €50 incl Line Rental that would be a saving of €15/month and I would have a 30gb Cap as opposed to UTV's miserly 20gb.

However if I only get the BB and Line rental for 50 if I also take out a talk package for 15 euro then bang most of the apparent saving is gone and I'm not sure its then worth my while moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Calibos wrote:
    How much is BT talk extra though or does BT talk just mean that you must move calls over to BT from your current call provider to get BB for that price.

BT talk is just line rental
    BT Talk Plus is the line rental plus calls

You only need BT talk for the bundle price of € 50

Advertisement