Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP-1001 Question

• 16-02-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

just got a psp 1001 and was wondering if this is an american version. From what little research i did, if think it is. Secondly, the charger is dodgey, where is the best place to buy a mains charger.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

just got a psp 1001 and was wondering if this is an american version. From what little research i did, if think it is. Secondly, the charger is dodgey, where is the best place to buy a mains charger.
    Cheers

Your PSP is not a Europe one. My one is a PSP 1003. As far as I know you will not be able to play games bought in Europe on it, but I am open for correction. GAME are doing chargers, I hope this helps. Anything else post it here:rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

i thought they were region free, games wise etc but that the UMDs were regionized. So any games will work on any psp but a usa umd wont work on a eu psp

i thought they were region free, games wise etc but that the UMDs were regionized. So any games will work on any psp but a usa umd wont work on a eu psp

To tell you the truth, I am not sure. But I think you can't play games. Don't throw it out the window yet:rolleyes: . Someone will be able to tell you. What size memory stick do you have? Will that charger do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Games are regionfree. UMD's are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

my bro has a (broken) PSP from the states and the games work fine but the UMD movie dont

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:
    Games are regionfree. UMD's are not.
    Thanks Slurms,
    I will note this for future reference;) .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The games are region free in that they will play on any PSP. But you will not be able to play multiplayer between a US and EU version of the same game regardless of the region of the actual PSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

thanks for the quick replys.
    robinph-thats pretty sh*t that you cant play multiplayer between two diff machines. Theres a nice psp set in argos for 22euro,which has a charger usb data cable yoke. That should do nicely for the mean time as all the mains chargers iv seen are around the 20 euro mark anyway. Its only got a 32mb card-needs to be upgraded soon so i can watch my Trailer Park Boys on the way to college!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

You can play it between different region PSPs but not between an EU and US version of the games.

The original statement was a little ambiguous unless you knew what it was trying to say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

PSP-1001: Is that not japaneese, as in the holy grail that is v1.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

4Xcut wrote:
    PSP-1001: Is that not japaneese, as in the holy grail that is v1.0
    Nope, the PSP-1000 (The one I have) would be what you are thinking of. However I have mine on 1.5/2.0 these days.

The PSP-1001 was the US release version which came with v1.5 firmware as sandard. 1.0 firmware was only ever released on the origional Japanese models.

Advertisement