Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety About New Relationship

• 16-02-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

Last year i was dumped by my gf of many years. Was absolutely heart broken at the time but got tru' it as best I could. I met this lovely girl awhile back and it's the first serious relationship since last year. I know I shouldn't compare this girl to my last relationship but things are going so good I'm actually anxious about it. I am just being silly and it's all in the head but I'm just scared that the same thing will happen again and I will be so hurt again. I feel insecure. I know you have to take chances in love or else you'll die a bitter old man but it's just the way I feel. I know I'm being silly for thinking it. Am I ready yet for this serious relationship? or should I just kick myself in the butt for thinking this way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

all men are not bastards, all women are not bitches. see how it goes, dont go into it thing this it "it" or expecting your heart to be broken

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

Put your ex and any comparisons out of your head! You cant go into a relationship thinking this way. If everyone did that nobody would ever want to get involved with anyone else after having a break up. You dont have to get too serious immediately, just take it slow and see what happens.

Oh and kick yourself in the butt. ;)

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Here's a good story that I think of in situations like that:

A rich man meets a beautiful woman, but he is always worried she'll leave him and often says to her "This can never last, something bad is going to happen"

They get married and have five daughters. He looks around and sees how great his kids are and says "This can never last, something bad is going to happen"

He lives a long and enjoyable life. He lives till the age of 102, and on his dying day his wife reminds him of how lucky he has been all his life and all the people who love him. As he took his last breath he gasped, " I knew something bad was going to happen"

SO, Dont end up like this guy. Live life to the full. If you meet a girl you love, don't hold back, and be thankful for the fact that you've found someone special. Not everyone gets that chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the only comparsion you should really make between this realtionship and the last one would be if you knew where the last relationship went wrong and then you could compare it with this one to see if the same mistakes are being made.

Other then that just think your self as one of the lucky ones who currently has someone amazing to share their life with, as not everyone gets that chance. So take it while you have it

Advertisement