Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl D15

• 16-02-2006 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I have NTL for 3 months now and speeds have been spot on for the 3Mbps service - always ranging 2.90-3.0 on irish speed test page.

Now in the last couple of days it appears to be very erratic - ranging from 500k to 2.5Mbps

Although when I d/l a huge file from Heanet is runs perfectly at a constant 3Mbps ...

Too late to call support ..

Any ideas what the problem might be - I did read that D15 did have some probs in the past ..

could it be related to the upgrade work going on ...

I notice I have one of these events in the Event Log :

Sun Feb 12 13:07:28 2006 Sun Feb 12 13:07:28 2006

Critical(3)

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They have been about the last two days checking the cables and bosters on houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've had ntl for about 8 months - I moved house 6 months ago and since then the broadband signal intermittently drops out - usually when the tech support is closed. I've had technicians out on several occasions (more than 5) and nobody knows what it is or even cares to be honest. I'm also on my 3rd digital TV box and it also gives problems. It's obviously a problem with signal supply to the house but they won't investigate it properly.

Take my advice - if the problem persists get rid of ntl. I've Eircom fitting broadband in a week and I'm getting Sky Digital back the day after. I CAN'T WAIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Thaedydal wrote:
    They have been about the last two days checking the cables and bosters on houses.

Hope they don't 'fix' it then :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Might be related to them getting ready for the upgrades coming soon. For the weeks before upgrades there isalways some problems as the engineers fiddle with the routers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Thanks guys - just have to wait and see what happens ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement