Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts block co-op

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The place is really expensive, but given the number of alternatives, I just avoid it. Simple.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

they have been providing an alternative Blush which you don't seem to think should continue. is that not a catch 22 situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Red Alert wrote:
    they have been providing an alternative Blush which you don't seem to think should continue. is that not a catch 22 situation?
    It's certainly not a catch 22 situation but I don't think that Blush is contradicting himself either. The alternative is only open a few hours a day, whenever someone is free to open it. It's not at all dependable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll address the relevant points:
    They do it in my name.

They actually don't.
    They claim to act for me and they use my name for their purposes. They speak for students but most students don't care either way. They take our voices and wield them as weapons in their own battles.

Yawn.
    Besides I never eat in the Hilpers anyway so I can't boycott the boycott.

You sure can bitch about it though.
    There is no issue, except the one that has been created.

Hilpers created it.
    Why fight when there is no need to?

There is a need to. Please offer up a suggestion that doesn't involve shrugging your shoulders and going 'oh well'.
    I think you mean some people feel an implacable need to bitch and moan without taking simple quiet remedies. I bet you are with Eircom and still bitch about the phonebill.

You sure can spin very well but I don't think it's 'fire' you're spinning.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    And MNG, if you take a look at what Firespinner said in relation to my previous posts (not that far back, I'm sure you'll find them yourself, it might be a little inconvenient, but not too difficult!) you'll see that, when taken in the context of my previous posts, what (s)he said was incredibly accurate.

LOL. The phrase, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' springs to mind. :v:
    Blush_01 wrote:
    In fact, (s)he seemed to grasp exactly what I'm sure every other person looking at the same post grasped. That your point is invalid.

Reread the thread, particularly this post.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    And honey, what is a boycott made up of if it's not comprised of a large group of individuals?

Um 'honey', what does this have to do with your suggestion that I (one man) ignore Hilpers? That's not actually making a difference.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    If you have a problem, boycott.

Um, you have spent several posts bemoaning the boycott. Make up your mind on where you stand.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    Do not try to convince me that you are right when you have admitted your own laziness is the reason you shop in Hilpers.

I never admitted my laziness is why I shop at Hilpers. in fact, I never admitted to shopping at Hilpers at all as I dislike being ripped off. Shame on you and your lies.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    You want a viable alternative? You've been given plenty. You just don't like them. So I'm done repeating myself.

Listen up toots, I'll explain this for you sloooooooowly. I DO use alternatives. It would be a bit hypocritical to moan about Hilpers and to use it regularly. The reason I support the organised boycott is because one man cannot make a difference to Hilpers but a large group avoiding the place can. Got that?
    Blush_01 wrote:
    I'm sure it's as frustrating for everyone else as it is for me. You continue being a rebel without a cause. It won't get you anywhere, but at least you'll have something to whinge about, right?

O...K. Now I know why you call yourself 'Blush'. If I had views like yours, I'd blush too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

MNG wrote:
    The reason I support the organised boycott is because one man cannot make a difference to Hilpers but a large group avoiding the place can. Got that?

Yet before this you said
    MNG wrote:
    If only one person boycotted the place then it was worth it.

Refusing to spend your money there is not defeatist. You are taking your money elsewhere and not giving it to Hilpers.

MNG, if you are going to try and make a valid argument you'd gain a lot more credibility for your points by refraining from resorting to petty comments. And just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I'm referring to the following....
    MNG wrote:
    Yawn.
    MNG wrote:
    You sure can bitch about it though.
    MNG wrote:
    You sure can spin very well but I don't think it's 'fire' you're spinning.
    MNG wrote:
    Listen up toots, I'll explain this for you sloooooooowly.
    MNG wrote:
    O...K. Now I know why you call yourself 'Blush'. If I had views like yours, I'd blush too!

And all in your last post. Completely unnecessary. Consider yourself warned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yet before this you said

In other words, if they adhered to the boycott it was worth it. There's a difference between deciding yourself to boycott something and an organised boycott calling for a product or location to be avoided.
    Refusing to spend your money there is not defeatist. You are taking your money elsewhere and not giving it to Hilpers.

I never claimed that was defeatist,. Indeed, this is what I do myself. What I, rightfully, labelled defeatist was the attitude of, "Oh well, nothing can be done about it so just leave it be."
    MNG, if you are going to try and make a valid argument you'd gain a lot more credibility for your points by refraining from resorting to petty comments. And just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I'm referring to the following....

I'm disgusted that you have singled me out. And I am referring to:
    Blush_01 wrote:
    You know, I never thought you were as deliberately obtuse as this before. If you think it's too expensive in Hilper's and want it cheaper, buy it somewhere else. You want it all, and can't have it all, that's what's p!ssing you off. To reiterate what I said a few days ago, grow the hell up!

Nothing was said about this but I'll remind you of my response:
    me wrote:
    I don't want it all, I want fairness. I suppose you are just as hostile towards Eddie Hobbs? I guess he 'wants it all' as well, right?

I don't know why you are being so hostile. I'll choose to ignore your personal comments towards me as well.

Or how about this:
    Good for you with curing AIDS?....Cancer?.....oh wait, its just COFFEE!
    My hat goes off to you taking such a firm principled stand against .....coffee prices. Watch out Bono, someone else wants the Nobel Peace Prize!
    So go somewhere else! Don't organise a group hissy fit.
    I think you mean some people feel an implacable need to bitch and moan without taking simple quiet remedies. I bet you are with Eircom and still bitch about the phonebill

Nothing was said about any of this. Then my old mate Blush came back:
    Blush_01 wrote:
    You continue being a rebel without a cause. It won't get you anywhere, but at least you'll have something to whinge about, right?

Forgive me peachypants if after enduring all that, without a Mod stepping in, I went and engaged in some of it myself. But hey, if people can dish it out surely they can take it right? We're all big boys and girls here.
    And all in your last post. Completely unnecessary. Consider yourself warned.

Hopefully you've seen things from my perspective now. I'm disappointed that you target me specifically as if I'm the aggressor!

Consider myself warned? What, are you going to ban me for defending myself?

This place is going to the dogs if that's the case...

I'm disgusted that you have singled me out.

I'm shocked.

Forgive me peachypants if after enduring all that, without a Mod stepping in, I went and engaged in some of it myself. But hey, if people can dish it out surely they can take it right? We're all big boys and girls here.

I have read the entire thread MNG, I have read the comments from both sides, thanks very much.

Hopefully you've seen things from my perspective now. I'm disappointed that you target me specifically as if I'm the aggressor!

Consider myself warned? What, are you going to ban me for defending myself?

Defending yourself?....lol
    This place is going to the dogs if that's the case...

Like the issue on Hilpers....nobody forces you to be here.

If you wish to continue this discussion PM me. If this thread is to stay open then it should get back on topic. If people want me to lock it I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I move "Thread Locked", seconder please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

boneless wrote:
    I move "Thread Locked", seconder please?

I second that motion!

Done :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement