Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting DVD together

• 16-02-2006 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post so feel free to bump me somewhere else.

A friend lent me a DVD of Walk the Line and told me I could make myself a copy. I know the film is only recently in cinemas so I presumed this is an irregular copy. I cant play it or make any sense of it. It has 2 folders CD1 and 2 with over 70 files - RAR, SFV and other types. It is called a VCD-ORC. How do I put the files together to make a viewable film?

I asked my friend assuming he knew but he couldnt watch it either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

I dont think you should be incouraging the copying of any copyright material... especially on boards.

I'll give 1/2 odds on the thread being locked within the next couple of hours.

Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Obviously your friend was robbed by who every sold it to him. Unlucky.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It sounds like it's a Video CD as opposed to a DVD. You'll find that it was probably recorded in a cinema meaning that that the video and audio quality will be less than a bad VHS.

You'll be able to buy the genuine article in your local store in a few months. You can probably even buy it online in the States or elsewhere.

Advertisement