Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Pimp my idea" spam

Options
  • 16-02-2006 10:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, I'd like to say that this isn't a bad idea as such, it's just the PM that annoyed the fúck out of me.

Recieved this today:
    Hi,

You may remember that you had posted in favour of getting a games review forum. Well I have been in contact with an admin, and they said it will be either approved/disapproved next week. I was just wondering would you post a bit in the thread for the forum because you were one of the people who wanted it, please post here. Thank you for your time.
    Sean

It's in relation to this thread; and funny enough, while I posted in the thread I didn't post in favour of the forum. This would lead me to believe that DBG is just PM'ing people who might possibly have a remote chance of giving a fúck in the forum idea.

Again, the idea is one that will probably fly, I just don't like this shít.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got that as well actually. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PMed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

flogen wrote:
    Firstly, I'd like to say that this isn't a bad idea as such, it's just the PM that annoyed the fúck out of me.
    <snip>

Again, the idea is one that will probably fly, I just don't like this shít.

Holy Fúck!

Do my eyes deceive me or is this the single biggest act of hypocracy I have ever seen on boards.

Shall we link the gazillion threads and PM's you sent to people in an effort to get yourself a mod. You pissed just about everyone off with this tactic before you got your forum, including your use of spam accounts.

I mean, in principle I agree with what you're saying but my god..... really..... *boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

psi wrote:
    Holy Fúck!

Do my eyes deceive me or is this the single biggest act of hypocracy I have ever seen on boards.

Shall we link the gazillion threads and PM's you sent to people in an effort to get yourself a mod. You pissed just about everyone off with this tactic before you got your forum, including your use of spam accounts.

I mean, in principle I agree with what you're saying but my god..... really..... *boggle*
    Please. Acts of childish stupidity which took place more than 2 years ago are not admissable as evidence.

flogen's hard work since his renaissance have more than made up for the comedy he provided in those times anyway.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, agreed. Funny though :)
    Some of the worst offenders have become our best mods over the years believe it or not.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't believe it.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement