Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Megson Parts Ways With Forest.

• 16-02-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

For the benefit of the 3 other Forest fans I know to be on boards....

Not sure how I feel about this, Megson had lost the respect of the dressing room, which is pretty bad considering the youth in the squad. He made some bad choices and his handling of the press/criticism of the team left alot to be desired.

That said only 13 months, I'd have rathered some stability at the club, they're not likely to go down, but won't make the playoffs so they could have left him til the summer at least.

I've heard rumours from Nottingham of a Mr.Kerr being touted as a possible replacement. Apparently they want someone who can tap into the academy and who can bring the best out of the youth that comes through. Prob. just tabloid talk, but he'd be an interesting choice...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nigel Clough has been mooted.

I suffer from growing up when Forrest were managed by Cloughy so for some crazy reason part of me thinks of them as a BIG CLUB!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

mike65 wrote:
    I suffer from growing up when Forrest were managed by Cloughy so for some crazy reason part of me thinks of them as a BIG CLUB!

I grew up then too, Forest were never a big club, they were a successful club though. A subtle but important distinction.

Nigel Clough would be a bad move. Keane though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

doubt keane is an option. I would like to see Greame Souness get the job, he is charasmatic and just brilliant full stop. Top class manager and looks good in a suit :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Clough wouldnt be a bad choice imo. He would have the repsect of the fans and he also knows the loweer leagues quite well. Also Kerr wouldnt be the worst choice ever as he is a good man for bringing throught the young players and also would know a decent amount about the lower leagues fromn his time as youth team manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

*Sigh*

The decline and decline and decline of Nottingham Forest is depressing.

Players are a disgrace, 3 managers they've seen off now.

Clough or Kerr wouldn't be bad appointments, Paul Hart would be my choice, he did a great job before and they get rid of him, just because they made the Championship play offs (2 up in the semi-final) one season, and were mid table by Christmas of the next. It's been downhill ever since.

*sigh*

• Advertisement
Advertisement