Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The perfect circle puzzle ??

Options
  • 16-02-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

OK guys, this is a real head scratcher. I am trying to make an oblong shape in photoshop, then a work path and then stroke.

I select the elliptical marquee tool, hold down shift and form the circle, seems easy ..... i go to the paths tab, make work path and the stroke path and you would think it should be a perfect circle. Its not !!

Its as if the circle is hand-drawn in three places, really strange, it just veers in and back out again from the line it should be taking .... it is realy strange.

I closed PS down and double clicked the icon and held down shift, CTRL and ALt and choose to remove the history, and tried this again ... but still the same ??

Can anyone help ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

I have not solved that problem .... in fact its driving me nuts at this stage.

I have a work around ....

Use the Marque tool to build the shape you want then, while the marching ants are still marching, go to Edit -> Stroke. In the dialogue box that appears, choose the stroke thickness, colour, position etc, hit OK and Ctrl+D to de-select.

For the record ... Use the method above to make a stroked shape on its own layer, then Ctrl Click the layer icon to select it. Go to your paths pallet, choose make workpath from (your smooth) selection, stroke path and hey-presto a wobbly circle. Driven me mad at this stage !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

When you create the work path press "alt" as you click "make work path". This will bring up the "tolerence" dialog box. The minimum value is 0.5 which still won't give you a perfect circle but its pretty close.

OR you can use the custome shapes tool, Ellipse tool, use the path option and this will give you a perfect circle path

Advertisement