Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home phone to divert blocked numbers

• 16-02-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a home phone that will divert numbers dialling in with no id to go straight to an answering machine.

Sick of the automated calls coming through for cold calls in the evenings.

Anyone heard of such a phone for the lan line?

CHeers

Redman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i have never heard of such a thing but the best thing is call eircom and they might be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Has anyone got an answering machine with a "screening" feature and are using it?
    Comments on its usability would be welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

whos is your phone provider

for eexample BT list you in a public marketng database by default even if you are ex directory by default

you need to call them to get them to take off this database and then the cold calling will stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

formatman wrote:
    whos is your phone provider

All operators have to offer to put you on this list, see http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?Docid=281&Catid=66&StartDate=1+January+2006&m=n

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I am looking for a home phone that will divert numbers dialling in with no id to go straight to an answering machine.

I'm in the habit of a quick glance at the caller ID ...... if it's a 'no number' call I leave it and it goes to the answering m/c after 10 or so rings ..... cold callers rarely leave a message .... they tend to hang up as soon as they detect the answering m/c .... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement