Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart downgrade messed speeds

• 17-02-2006 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭

when the 6mb offer was going i was connecting at s tops of 600kbps ( i know thats still crap) but worse still since the change over last night im connecting at a max of 296kbps. this is ridiculous. and now as well for some reason my torrent client is saying that it has a NAT problem. i fixed this a week again with doing port forwarding but noe when i check the status of the port it says its in stealth mode :confused:

ive reconnected the router a few times and it hasnt changed. anyone else had problems?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

irishpal25 wrote:
    when the 6mb offer was going i was connecting at s tops of 600kbps ( i know thats still crap) but worse still since the change over last night im connecting at a max of 296kbps. this is ridiculous. and now as well for some reason my torrent client is saying that it has a NAT problem. i fixed this a week again with doing port forwarding but noe when i check the status of the port it says its in stealth mode :confused:

ive reconnected the router a few times and it hasnt changed. anyone else had problems?

Well I dont suppose you can blame Smart for the changes to your router?

Whats your line quality like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

not blaming them for that i think it was when i installed zonealarm. it fo0ked some stuff up and i removed it again. i think thats what messed it up

the problem now is that my aolynk is that its in bridgemode and my wireless doesnt tell my line stats so i cant check it. ringing faults department first thing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

irishpal25 wrote:
    not blaming them for that i think it was when i installed zonealarm. it fo0ked some stuff up and i removed it again. i think thats what messed it up

the problem now is that my aolynk is that its in bridgemode and my wireless doesnt tell my line stats so i cant check it. ringing faults department first thing.

have you ever checked your line quality before this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

yeah. this is from jan 26th

Local SNRMargin 7.0 dB
    Local Line Attn 64.0 dB
    Local Tx Power 12.1 dB
    Remote Line Attn 45.5 dB

i know my line is really bad but it was able to get over 1/2 a meg before, why any different now

Advertisement