Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Vacuum Systems

Options
  • 17-02-2006 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Just looking for opinions for a friend regarding an internal vacuum cleaner.

Would you be interested / use a vacuum cleaner where dirt and dust travel to a central power unit. This systems prevents recirculation of any dust particles.
    Asthma and Hay Fever sufferers no longer have to leave the house while vacuuming is being done and sleeping babies are not disturbed as all noise is eliminated from the area being cleaned. Dust Mites are completely removed from your home.
    You plug the hose into a wall inlet and you are ready to go.

There is no heavy, awkward hoover to drag from room to room, or up and down the stairs.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to describe, basically you plug a hose into a socket and all dirt, dust gets sucked into a container attached to an outside wall and this would only have to be emptied 2 or 3 times a year. Geared towards new build houses but can be done on existing houses.

Any opinions welcomed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Yep Jenod, they are all the rage now and have been for a number of years. Basically just a handy system that means you do not have to drag a hoover around with you when vacuming the house. The hoover itself is normally located INSIDE the house (utility room) and 2" pipes are plumbed into the house during build. You end up with sockets in the walls at strategic locations around the house which you just plug the hoover head into. The dirt/dust is sucked up and travels through the pipes back to the hoover where heavy dirt is stored for disposal and light dirt is vented out through the wall.

Hope this explains it OK.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Jenod wrote:
    There is no heavy, awkward hoover to drag from room to room, or up and down the stairs.

Yes but there is a (much longer) heavy hose to drag up and down the stairs
    Jenod wrote:
    as all noise is eliminated from the area being cleaned

Yes but the units are extremely loud. I live 3 doors down from a 5 bed house that has one installed. It's mounted on the inside of an external wall under their stairs and I can hear it when I'm inside my house, with the doors closed (albeit only slightly). Go outside and it sounds like a faraway jet engine.

One of the companies that install them is Vacuflo and another is Beam

HTH, S.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

I can also vouch that these systems are quite loud as a relative has it in and it is very loud when on [their's system is located in the integrated garage].

I am also wary of the dirt etc travelling through the house piping etc. My personal opinion is that what I vacuum up i want to ensure that it has as short a distance to travel and it is not trapped within the plumbing structure of the house etc?
    I have a dyson and this is light and easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jenod

Thanks for you comments,much appreciated.

J

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

bro' wrote:
    not trapped within the plumbing structure of the house etc?

AFAIK thats not a problem - the suction is supposed to be very good on these units and I don't think anything is left in the pipes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I'm surprised to hear (excuse pun) that there is a problem with noise on these systems. Are they old or relatively new. Modern integrated vacumes should not run at more than about 70dBA which would be the same as a normal vucume. The advantage of the integrated vacume is that you can locate the power unit anywhere, even out in a garage if it is not to far from the house.

Advertisement