Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Bt+

• 17-02-2006 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I have never gone over the download or upload limit with BT and i am with them nearly as long as broadband has been available, but this month its looking like i will probably go over the limit, what are the chances of them charging me extra for going over?
    Has anyone on boards ever being charged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

what are the chances of them charging me extra for going over?
    Very unlikely
    Has anyone on boards ever being charged?
    No, and there are a lot who break the cap by large amounts every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Merli

Does BT have any facility for checking your usage stats??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/

but its not working at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Merli

Thanks Kristok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im in the same boat about going over the cap *dam sky by broadband* and apparently your charge 3c per MEGABYTE if you go over, or they have the right to charge you that anyway.

but seen as the usage calculator isnt working would i not have a case if i said, "i didnt know how much i downloaded cuz the calculator wasnt working"?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

The usage calculator is working fine for me.

It's doesn't stop working generally, just for specific people. E-mail them and they'll fix it for you.

It looks like it hasn't been updated with the new caps either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

jor el wrote:
    Very unlikely

No, and there are a lot who break the cap by large amounts every month.

;) nice one, cos i think my 30gb is already up for this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

usage calculator not working for me, been like that since January :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

maybe it is best like that - if you can't check how much over the cap you have gone how can they charge you for it?

Maybe they don't know either...or at least you have a good arguement for not paying any over cap charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 budrick

they know about the prob ,i phoned them up cause my calculator was showing me over my limit last month and this month from 20 gig and im on 3MB line ,, they told me it would be fixed in a couple of days but that was a week and a half ago ,,they even told me that no one else was reporting this error( seems they were lying again ),they said to ignore it and continue to do what i was doing ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement