Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you skate

Options
  • 17-02-2006 5:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What types of places do you skate? Do you go to parks, skate street, practice out in front of your house or what?

I mainly go to skate parks and skate either at my house or my friends house. I only went street skating once where I Ollied a 3 stair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dead_Donny

i go mainly to Dun Laoghaire because its got ledges,benches,different sized steps,a good skate shop(lazy dog) and loads of other things too...But watch out for police because they seem to be everywere!

Last week i went to ramp n rail and fractured my wrist so i probly wont be skatn for a good while:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

how do u get to dun laoghaire from town. bus routes etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

smois wrote:
    how do u get to dun laoghaire from town. bus routes etc...

DART is easiest, and theres the 7 from O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

u can get the 46a from town, or the 7, or the 746, but the dart is a lot faster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Back in the day we used to skate central bank, before the railings were put up.

We would hit some spots inside and around trinity college, then make our way up to some bogy handrails on the way to baggot street, then session baggot for a couple of hours. Then we would make our way up to the baggot bridge, session the square rails that boardered a flower bed that were known as 'bouncy rails'. Then we would make our way around to the red brick rails, which were along the canal, then we would hit the hospital that is in between the canal and the luas track(wasnt around when i skated) that comes out at abrakebebra. Before the track there was some ledges, the peder planter was my fav leg, it was about 4 maybe 5 foot high. Then there was 3 up 3 down, which was across from another sweet handrail that stood outside the national concert hall. I was passing on the 15a when those rails got capped :/ Then theres earls court, which was a great spot in its day.

DCU was another great spot, right at the AIB There was really long and mellow handrails, that if you were lucky you would session all day!

UCD Had alot of work being done on it while i was skating and there were so many new spots coming up all the time, not to mention the 45s that people would session like a miniramp.

The list goes on, theres so many secret spots in dublin to skate, but the best ones are the ones that only your group of skaters/bmxers/woodpushers know about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sdLOVE

ledges outside the gaiety theatre are good around 8 o clock because it isnt to busy, unless a show is on....

UCD is great, lots around there. Even a 3 flat 3 near the campus. Another close by spot is Tescos in Mount Merrion has a very nice 8 set, but its a bust on the weekdays. RTE also has some nice rails but its a super bust. We havent skated in there yet but we plan on breaking in someday. They are right outside the radio centre if you know where that is... Just a hop over the wall from one of the bus stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

We used to skate Ucd back in the early nineties! Cool spot! I wonder how those banks are doing? These days i skate in ramp and rail and also in Dun Laoghaire. D/L's a bust though! A member from Dun Laoire county council tried to move me on the other day. Showed me his Id!! Funny thing is his drinks in the pub where I work! I just laughed at him which he didnt like! Ah well! Continued skating for a few more minutes then got outta there! Hicks like that are likely to call the law! Spotted a good mellow bank in ringsend when i was driving through there the other day. Power city car park in sallynoggin has some nice curbs and its across the road from my house so thats ok. Plus my micro mini! Thats always a good laugh if boring!!!

Advertisement