Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Metal (extreme)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

discovered two more great Finnish bands: Amoral and Farmakon, both melodic death metal, definately worth checking out. And just started listening to a band called Diablo which seem really good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ramses wrote:
    discovered two more great Finnish bands: Amoral and Farmakon, both melodic death metal, definately worth checking out.
    What type of melodic death? At the Gates/early In Flames, or the slightly power metal tinged Children of Bodom, or Wintersun ?

Either way I may check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I've heard 2 Amoral albums, Wound Creations and Decrowning and they're both great albums, quite like At The Gates or old In Flames.

i know this is kinda off-topic, but Bloodbath just have to be mentioned. A fantastic band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Pugsley wrote:
    What type of melodic death? At the Gates/early In Flames, or the slightly power metal tinged Children of Bodom, or Wintersun ?

Either way I may check them out.

neGev already answered in relation to Amoral. With regards to Farmakon I would consider them more similiar to Opeth, with their mix of brutal and mellow passages. Their album "A Warm Glimpse" is great (couldn't believe it's their debut album!)

A thrash metal band called Mokoma is very popular here in Finland but I haven't heard enough to make a proper judgement. But so far, I've heard nothing spectacular from them.

Rotten Sound are a great extreme metal band, very unrelentless and brutal.

Naildown is another great band and they are melodic death metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Some quality Finnish metal bands out there. Personal faves include Insomnium, Rapture and Swallow The Sun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement